• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Stay away. Wife made me stop at one in Portland last year. People were lined up outside the building in the middle of the day to get in. The donuts were ok, but I felt like I needed a shower after we left. The staff was like Starbucks on steroids. Freak show with a dash of … I don’t know really. It just felt not right.

I showed wife this article and she said there’s already one here in Houston in the trendy Midtown area off of Washington. Never knew that. Round Rock donuts would be a much better donut chain to welcome IMO

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Stay away. Wife made me stop at one in Portland last year. People were lined up outside the building in the middle of the day to get in. The donuts were ok, but I felt like I needed a shower after we left. The staff was like Starbucks on steroids. Freak show with a dash of … I don’t know really. It just felt not right.

I showed wife this article and she said there’s already one here in Houston in the trendy Midtown area off of Washington. Never knew that. Round Rock donuts would be a much better donut chain to welcome IMO
    Pretty accurate assessment.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

If its its anything like the one in Portland Oregon, its a complete waste of time. Completely over rated

Yep - having grown up in that region and had occasion to sample their wares more than once - I will say don't waste your time or your money. They're not great, the thing that set them off locally other than the face pierced freakshow that occasionally worked the counter (moreso in the late years, not quite as prevalent when they started) was their maple-bacon doughnut - but it really wasn't any better than just jamming some crispy bacon on a grocery store maple bar. HEB doughnuts are better.

I'm much happier to see Dutch Bros coffee coming in strong in Texas, than VD Donuts. Friends don't let friends get VD.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Never heard of Voodoo Donuts. I know most have never heard of Tato Nut from Ocean Springs, Mississippi, but those are my all-time favorite donuts.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    You can find better and less expensive donuts at most any Texas donut shop.

There's a shop here in Kaufman, Donut Palace that's AWESOME. I like to think I know donuts. My dad was a baker for his entire adult life. I was frying donuts on Saturday mornings when I was 10 years old. I got paid in donuts. All I could eat.

This shop in Kaufman...have the best donuts I've ever had. Their apple fritters are proof positive that God loves us.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    If donuts are the Devil's candy, surely I'm destined for Hell. I prefer donuts from our local Chinese donut shop. They make awesome apple fritters and filled maple bars. Hallelujah! I try to minimize my intake to about 12 donuts per week. Health kick.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Below average quality, their claim to fame is adding weird stuff like breakfast cereal to the donut. The one I went to in Portland featured a huge cock-shaped donut on display. I wish I was joking.

Yep - no joke, their dick donut is one of the more popular ones. They say its because of the novelty, but I mean, its Portland, 80% of the population enjoys putting dick shaped things in their eat-hole.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    The donut shop I go to is owned by a Korean. He has the best donuts I've ever eaten.

I've been going there every Sunday for, almost, 15 years. I get the same donuts every
    time, kinda a tradition of the wife and me. I walk in, we say good morning to each other,
    he gets a box, puts in our donuts, I pay, we say "have a good day" Then I go home,
    pour a cup of coffee, get my donuts, eat them while I surf TGT.

This is after I say "good morning, donut run time, to my TGT friends.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Hard pass. Yet another Krispy Kreme serving mediocre products based on nothing but hype. Give me a mom-and-pop donut shop any day. Even better if it's run by Koreans. Don't ask me why, but all the best donut shops tend to have a Korean family owning them.
    Snowflake Donuts here in Fulshear is run by a Vietnamese family. They do just as well as the Koreans.

Oh, and the local PD informs me that they're not called donuts any more; they're 'power rings.'

Top Bottom