• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Snowflake Donuts here in Fulshear is run by a Vietnamese family. They do just as well as the Koreans.

Oh, and the local PD informs me that they're not called donuts any more; they're 'power rings.'

We've got a Donut Palace here in Kemp that's run by a Cambodian family. It's good, but not the best I've had. There was one in Dallas near the last apartment we had that was great. The lady that ran it was trying to teach me Korean, and the donuts were always fresh and delicious. And they had apple scones.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I've had it a few times. It was free, otherwise I'd've never had it. It's extremely overrated.

A good donut place should have good kolaches, otherwise it sucks.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The donut shop I go to is owned by a Korean. He has the best donuts I've ever eaten.

I've been going there every Sunday for, almost, 15 years. I get the same donuts every
    time, kinda a tradition of the wife and me. I walk in, we say good morning to each other,
    he gets a box, puts in our donuts, I pay, we say "have a good day" Then I go home,
    pour a cup of coffee, get my donuts, eat them while I surf TGT.

This is after I say "good morning, donut run time, to my TGT friends.
    Koreans do make the best donuts and roof top warriors.

Thr best donut shop around here is ran by Koreans. Good Kolache too. Well what we American call kolache which is sausage filled.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For what it would cost me to eat donuts I could find a greasy spoon & eat so much better.
    Donuts, like everything else, have gotten ridiculously expensive.

As far as eating better, hard to beat a good donut.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Big chain vendors, especially Shipley's, are too salty. For the last 30-40 years, the only good donuts I've had have come from non-franchise mom-n-pop places, all but one of them with Asian staff.

I don't know why this is the case but it's my observation.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Big chain vendors, especially Shipley's, are too salty. For the last 30-40 years, the only good donuts I've had have come from non-franchise mom-n-pop places, all but one of them with Asian staff.

I don't know why this is the case but it's my observation.
    Salty?? That is one thing I would never associate with Shipleys. Or any other donut I can recall.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Salty?? That is one thing I would never associate with Shipleys. Or any other donut I can recall.
    All donuts have a small amount of salt in the dough. It should never be enough to taste. I can taste it every time in Shipleys, occasionally in Dunkin. I hate it. The donuts at independent shops are usually made so I can't taste the salt. Not always, but the vast majority of the time.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    All donuts have a small amount of salt in the dough. It should never be enough to taste. I can taste it every time in Shipleys, occasionally in Dunkin. I hate it. The donuts at independent shops are usually made so I can't taste the salt. Not always, but the vast majority of the time.
    Interesting.

I have tasted donuts that were too sugary (e.g,. Krispy Kreme), but I personally I have never been able to taste salt in a donut.

I was going to ask if you were basing that off the nutritional information or off your taste buds, but you answered that question.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom