• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    From the news:
    A statement sent Sunday night on behalf of Jay Patel, operating partner for the Waco franchise, said, "Our management team has had ongoing and positive communications with the police," and added that the restaurant was cooperating with the investigation.
    Swanton addressed Patel's statement late Sunday night, calling it a "fabrication."
    Rick Van Warner, a spokesman for the Dallas-based corporate franchisor, said the company is reviewing the circumstances surrounding the shooting and is "seriously considering revoking" the Waco location's franchise agreement.
    Van Warner said he couldn't address what the franchise owners "did or didn't do leading up to this," but added that the company is "very upset that clearly our standards of safety and security were not upheld in this particular case," he said.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It really doesn't make any sense to me either but I'm curious if there's a speck of truth to spark the rumor.

Would not deny that this would be "talk". But they know if they assassinate a LEO, that their organization will be completely taken apart. They don't want to pay that price. Would be too expensive for them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Thinking about this a little more, the biggest risk is probably from some new or junior member who thinks they could enhance their standing in the gang by doing something like that.

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    IDK about gangs targeting police but I would bet that police will target anybody wearing an MC vest with patches.
    Well the good thing about MCs is you just about know exactly what you're looking for. I doubt local Christian Biker clubs or ALR will get much static.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Radio is saying that Acevedo is already squawking about how this proves that the Legislature shouldn't pass open carry.

Open Carry has nothing to do with this. Man I get tired of this crap. So predictable.

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Radio is saying that Acevedo is already squawking about how this proves that the Legislature shouldn't pass open carry.

Open Carry has nothing to do with this. Man I get tired of this crap. So predictable.
    I didn't realize that bikers open carry...

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So they come after people for riding the wrong bike too? WTF

They'd probably shoot me on sight just for riding my old Honda CT110...

CT110.jpg

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Correct. Apparently Acevedo doesn't even know the law already says it is illegal for a gang member to possess a firearm.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    How long before TP goes belly up?? Hopefully not too long as their management seems to be lacking in the brain cell category. If I was running a business and realized that my model was a thug magnet I'd change that model ASAFP.

Considering that they got themselves on the naughty lists of TP Corporate Office, CTM's leasing office, BATFE, TABC, and every LEO in Central Texas (and I wouldn't be surprised if the Health Inspector doesn't make a surprise visit today); I'd say that location will be on the market pretty quick.

....would make a good location for a Pappadeaux's, too.

So my wife just read that supposedly these gangs have just green lighted any officer in uniform. Anyone know anything about this?

Waco PD's spokesman Swanson said that they have a "contingency plan" for that. I'd imagine that part of that plan involves creating a lot of vacancies in the gang roster.....

Top Bottom