• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I never said get involved, I'm saying give them an empty place where they can kill eachother in peace without endangering the general public!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I agree with that. Big ol field surrounded by concrete barriers. I was referring more to anyone thinking they may pack extra with the intention of shooting their way out.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Five different gangs involved according to Waco PD. Bandidos, Cossacks and Scimitars and two others.

Fight broke out inside, then shooting started. Then spilled outside. Bikers shooting each other. Police and DPS were already onsite and moved in, shooting the gang shooters. The gangs then turned their gunfire on the police, but not for long. Ended pretty quick at that point. Large number of rounds fired.

LEO's from all the surrounding PD's and sheriff's responded, along with more DPS, the FBI and ATF.

Waco PD had earlier asked Twin Peaks to shut down, as they anticipated the problem. The Twin Peaks manager refused. I imagine that manager will be looking for another job tomorrow.

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Escape From New York comes to mind.

escape-from-new-york1.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    These clubs seem like they aren't trying to get innocents involved. I'm not stressing it. I think if a bike gang shootout happened around me, I'd be much safer trying to get out of their way. You're not likely to be a target if you're not wearing a vest and if you open up on them, you just put the odds HEAVILY against yourself.

Just my feeling based from hanging out with a few club officers I know.

This. I used to ride in a club but nothing like these guys are a part of. Spent some time at Bandidos meetings and even joined the Circle of Clubs. Sounds like the Twin Peaks "management" are/were naive on how Texas Motorcycle Clubs work and who they are. They should have listened to law enforcement and whoever else was trying to prevent them from having the event in the first place.

For those that haven't spent time riding in a club or even meeting people that have/do don't be so quick to judge. Although this situation is clearly different since some bad people intended to start fights and then it escalated be very careful to draw conclusions about "all" riders that ride together in clubs and wear patches. There are some unwritten rules that go into riding even with something as simple as the bike you chose to buy and ride down to even the colors of crap you wear. There are codes, honor, respect, lifestyle and many other aspects we all mock at that are taken seriously (life and death) by others. As an example if I were still riding I would not have gone anywhere near that event even though I do know the rules and have met past presidents of the Bandidos and other clubs.

Sounds tome like the Twin Peaks people are going to have some talks to straighten out some employees on how they organize events next time.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This. I used to ride in a club but nothing like these guys are a part of. Spent some time at Bandidos meetings and even joined the Circle of Clubs. Sounds like the Twin Peaks "management" are/were naive on how Texas Motorcycle Clubs work and who they are. They should have listened to law enforcement and whoever else was trying to prevent them from having the event in the first place.

For those that haven't spent time riding in a club or even meeting people that have/do don't be so quick to judge. Although this situation is clearly different since some bad people intended to start fights and then it escalated be very careful to draw conclusions about "all" riders that ride together in clubs and wear patches. There are some unwritten rules that go into riding even with something as simple as the bike you chose to buy and ride down to even the colors of crap you wear. There are codes, honor, respect, lifestyle and many other aspects we all mock at that are taken seriously (life and death) by others. As an example if I were still riding I would not have gone anywhere near that event even though I do know the rules and have met past presidents of the Bandidos and other clubs.

Sounds tome like the Twin Peaks people are going to have some talks to straighten out some employees on how they organize events next time.

There are no excuses for the Bandidos. No gentleman's rules. No thief's honor. They are bad people doing bad things. Period. They behave in a manner that suits their desires at any given time. Perhaps that is avoiding trouble at times, but at other times it is doing evil. And the bystander will never know which is which. They traffic in drugs and stolen goods. They run "protection" rackets. They assassinate people. Do not romanticize the true gangs.

The source for the above? LEO's with whom I am friends. And a man who had met Christ, changed his life and left the Bandidos. For years, they tried to kill him (shotgunning his house, car, etc.). You don't leave the real Bandidos, unless you go out feet first. The stories of what really happens in those gangs will make you sick.

Obviously this has nothing to do with social clubs of law abiding people who enjoy riding and happen to wear leather jackets.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    All I'm saying is if you're at a restaurant (for example) and a biker fight breaks out in the lobby...rather than trying to blast through to the front door, maybe go looking for a fire exit instead.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Any CHL holder in a situation like that at the restaurant would be smart not to draw. Too likely to end up with both sides shooting at you from all directions. Not to mention LEO's, who targeted those shooting guns. The latter would be my biggest concern. All the LEO's would see is a non-LEO shooting at others.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    There are no excuses for the Bandidos. No gentleman's rules. No thief's honor. They are bad people doing bad things. Period. They behave in a manner that suits their desires at any given time. Perhaps that is avoiding trouble at times, but at other times it is doing evil. And the bystander will never know which is which. They traffic in drugs and stolen goods. They run "protection" rackets. They assassinate people. Do not romanticize the true gangs.

The source for the above? LEO's with whom I am friends. And a man who had met Christ, changed his life and left the Bandidos. For years, they tried to kill him (shotgunning his house, car, etc.). You don't leave the real Bandidos, unless you go out feet first. The stories of what really happens in those gangs will make you sick.

Obviously this has nothing to do with social clubs of law abiding people who enjoy riding and happen to wear leather jackets.

exactly

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015

I completely understand what you are saying and I do not see this as "romanticizing" biker gangs. My own grandpa was a Hell ' s Angel and he told me about these codes and honors. He said the clubs were never truly meant to go south or be feared, unfortunately that's how some have turned out with the wrong people joining and having these false ideas in their heads. Out of respect for other gangs, you were told to avoid certain colors, certain paint jobs, and, in some cases, even a particular type of bike. He said anyone who chose to go outside of that was basically offering up a challenge to a rival gang.
    I agree that some of these biker gangs have taken things way to far, but not all of them operate that way. There are still gangs that do charity rides and really do try to bring communities together.
    This whole Waco deal is a real shame though and I do agree that the Twin Peaks personnel were naive about the little knowledge they should have followed up on.

Top Bottom