Walk in Vault Installer in Dallas Area...

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Ataim0002, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Ataim0002

Ataim0002 New Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Does anyone know of a good company to build/install a walk in vault/gun safe in the Dallas Area? I've got a 8x9 room that is down to the studs that I have been able to swipe from my wife.

This company/person would need to install/build the vault and a door.

Thanks in advance.

2. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    That will be a nice size vault

3. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Not in the Dallas area but I bet if you looked for a company that builds safe rooms you would have better luck than looking for a vault builder. A properly built safe room could double as a walk-in vault.

4. Ataim0002

Ataim0002 New Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Specs

We are remodeling our house. So timing is open. I'm down to the studs.

I'm concerned about the logistics of lights/AC vents/etc and how they would connect with whatever is being installed.

I thought about fiber glass panels but the more I research its just takes a cordless saw with the right blade and you are into the room.

I'm getting a quote from a safe room person that does steel panels. They also fabricate their own doors. The door needs to be a "SWING IN" or a pocket. I plan on having a normal door on the outside too.

As for features. Lights, AC, power and a lot of protection. Firearms, ammo and valuables will go in the room so it needs to withstand up to 30-06.

I need to have it so I can put a small workspace in there for "working on" the contents.

5. TxEMTP69

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    IF you do it as a safe room, you'd want Lights, A/C and power also. Would like to see pics if you don't mind when its done

6. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Have you looked into ICF for the walls? With the room already stud built, you could just build the forms up against the existing studs. What is the access situation above the room (attic or next floor)? That would make a big difference ,money-wise in what is feasible for the vault ceiling.

Reinforced concrete will take up more internal volume of the room, but I think it will be more theft resistant and easier for you to save money by doing parts of it yourself.

7. TxEMTP69

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I've thought of building a safe room/walkin vault if I ever have a house built

8. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    *envy*

9. si vis pacem para b

si vis pacem para b New Member

Apr 23, 2008
    PM Sent

Just sent you a PM with my contact information.

10. Acesn8's

Acesn8's Well-Known

Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county