ARJ Defense ad

Walmart ID's both me and my wife when buying beer now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I don't know, but to me taking 2 seconds to pull out a card vice the days or years lost due to unwarranted stress over something so insignificant seems pretty senseless. If this ticks you off I can't imagine what the rest of your days are like. By all means if you're racing to get to the finish line carry on.

tact; Maverik44; Dawico,

Pardon me for laughing AT all 3 of you are trying to go from NO commonsense on the part of store management/employees/policies to me (or anyone else for that matter) supposedly customers treating the store employees poorly. - In point of fact, I don't know of even ONE senior citizen treating any young employee badly.
    (My suggestion: Before making comments that make you look like a JACKASS, be sure that you have EVIDENCE of any senior citizen treating employees badly because of their age/inexperience.)

Otoh, young people being openly disrespectful to seniors, solely because of their age/disability, in the USA is all to common in 2017.
    (Shortly before her passing in 2015, my Aunt Helen, who by 87YO was using a electric scooter & also had "issues with" her hands, was frequently treated disrespectfully by store/restaurant employees because she was "slow" & "in other people's way". Further, asking a senior's caregiver, "What does she want to order", rather than asking the lady for her choices, is inexcusable, imo.)

yours, satx
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    On my wife's 21st bday, I "sent" her to the Stop-&-Rob to get a 6 pack. While she's en rte, I call the store & tell the checker that she should give my wife a hard time over the id (it was a valid-without-photo TxDL). Wife comes home almost crying & no beer. I feel bad. Then she tells me the checker snitched me off & that they'd had a good laugh at me & produces the previously hidden beer. I lay on the floor & threw a tantrum.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    tact,

I, too, am disgusted with the SILLINESS of requiring me to show an ID to prove I'm over 21YO to buy anything that's "age restricted", as I'm 70YO. = There is (or should be) a thing called: COMMON SENSE.

Also there is a thing called: FOOLISHNESS when a company has a policy of "carding" senior adults..

yours, satx
    maybe you are just a really young looking 70 and should consider a movie career. :clown:

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    tact; Maverik44; Dawico,

Pardon me for laughing AT all 3 of you are trying to go from NO commonsense on the part of store management/employees/policies to me (or anyone else for that matter) supposedly customers treating the store employees poorly. - In point of fact, I don't know of even ONE senior citizen treating any young employee badly.
    (My suggestion: Before making comments that make you look like a JACKASS, be sure that you have EVIDENCE of any senior citizen treating employees badly because of their age/inexperience.)

Otoh, young people being openly disrespectful to seniors, solely because of their age/disability, in the USA is all to common in 2017.
    (Shortly before her passing in 2015, my Aunt Helen, who by 87YO was using a electric scooter & also had "issues with" her hands, was frequently treated disrespectfully by store/restaurant employees because she was "slow" & "in other people's way". Further, asking a senior's caregiver, "What does she want to order", rather than asking the lady for her choices, is inexcusable, imo.)

yours, satx
    Well in your (STORY) the manager had to COME OVER and see what the "problem" was and you stated that It could come to the point of "getting somebody FIRED" over the (situation).

Roger called the (girl) a BIMBO with no "proof" of her DOING anything besides HER "job".

I really "don't" think we are the ONES being the JACKASSES here.

I doubt it, but hopefully you learn that just getting to be an old man is not commanding of any respect. It is a two way street and respect is earned.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    My wife always gets tickled when they ask for ID. Me, I haven't been carded like that since I was 16 (which was great for buying beer at the time). Evidently -unlike SATX's movie star like visage, mine screams 'angry old man.' *

* Or maybe the Hawaiian shirt just blinds them. I've had to waive off aircraft thinking my shirt was landing lights and attempting to land on me...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    maybe you are just a really young looking 70 and should consider a moive career. :clown:

zincwarrior,

Don't I wish that your supposition was correct?? (My mirror tells me, every time that I shave, that I look every bit of 70.) = More commonly, likely because my GF is beautiful, a shapely "size" 3-4 & about half my age ("Dee" qualifies as a "TROPHY" & "qualifies" me as a "cradle robber" and/or "a dirty old man" in the eyes of some folks.), she gets asked, "Does you father want you to order for him??"
    (That sort of commonplace comment from a waitress makes her angry & makes me chuckle "under my breath".)

Fwiw, I sometimes remind her of the old saying: "Tis better to be an old man's sweetheart than be a young man's fool."

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Well in your (STORY) the manager had to COME OVER and see what the "problem" was and you stated that It could come to the point of "getting somebody FIRED" over the (situation).

Roger called the (girl) a BIMBO with no "proof" of her DOING anything besides HER "job".

I really "don't" think we are the ONES being the JACKASSES here.

I doubt it, but hopefully you learn that just getting to be an old man is not commanding of any respect. It is a two way street and respect is earned.

Dawico,

Actually it was the "pizza joint waitress", who "made the scene" & ran to complain to the manager that we were "causing a problem".
    (Truthfully, we were laughing AT her quietly, because she was so "empty between the ears" that she couldn't figure out that a long-retired CPO of the USN might not HAVE a driver's license. = Henry's bald head & white cane should have given even an "empty head" like her a clue, as to WHY he might not have a DL.)

Imvho, you need not do any regular exercise, as you seem to be really good at "jumping to conclusions" without any knowledge.

yours, satx

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    zincwarrior,

Don't I wish that your supposition was correct?? (My mirror tells me, every time that I shave, that I look every bit of 70.) = More commonly, likely because my GF is beautiful, shapely & about half my age ("Dee" qualifies as a "TROPHY" & "qualifies" me as a "cradle robber" and/or "a dirty old man" in the eyes of some folks.), she gets asked, "Does you father want you to order for him??"
    (That sort of commonplace comment from a waitress makes her angry & makes me chuckle "under my breath".)

Fwiw, I sometimes remind her of the old saying: "Tis better to be an old man's sweetheart than be a young man's fool."

yours, satx
    SATX you dog you.:usflag:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

Dawico; All,

IF a young woman doesn't want people, who don't know her, to think that she's "a bimbo", I suggest that she does NOT talk/dress/act like "a tramp".
    (If you don't know what women mean when they say "tramp", I suggest that you ask your wife/GF/sister/mother for a "definition". = Referring to another female as "a tramp" is no compliment.)

just my opinion, satx

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Dawico; All,

IF a young woman doesn't want people, who don't know her, to think that she's "a bimbo", I suggest that she does NOT talk/dress/act like "a tramp".
    (If you don't know what women mean when they say "tramp", I suggest that you ask your wife/GF/sister/mother for a "definition". = Referring to another female as "a tramps" is no compliment.)

just my opinion, satx
    All she did was ask for ID. No other information was given.

I am aware of the definition and just asking for identification does not fit it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Dawico,

Actually it was the "pizza joint waitress", who "made the scene" & ran to complain to the manager that we were "causing a problem".
    (Truthfully, we were laughing AT her quietly, because she was so "empty between the ears" that she couldn't figure out that a long-retired CPO of the USN might not HAVE a driver's license. = Henry's bald head & white cane should have given even an "empty head" like her a clue, as to WHY he might not have a DL.)

Imvho, you need not do any regular exercise, as you seem to be really good at "jumping to conclusions" without any knowledge.

yours, satx
    So he just said that he doesn't have a driver's license and she made a scene and ran to get a manager?

I am going to get my exercise by jumping to the conclusion that there was a little more to it than that.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So he just said that he doesn't have a driver's license and she made a scene and ran to get a manager?

I am going to get my exercise by jumping to the conclusion that there was a little more to it than that.

Dawico,

And ONCE MORE (sigh) you would simply be 100% wrong & did "jump to conclusions" that you have NO factual information about.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You might want to look in the mirror then. I'm not an employee here, but you damn sure treated me bad because of my age. You had a pretty good kicking and screaming tantrum going that I'm sure plenty of people remember. :roflfunny:

Maverick44,

Fwiw, IF you didn't make foolish/ignorant statements for which you have neither knowledge or experience enough to hold, you wouldn't be laughed AT.
    (I'm sure any number of members were LOL upon reading your ignorant/clueless/fact-FREE comments.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    There always is more to it than that.

Maverick44,

YEP. There was more to it: The dimwitted waitress asked the CPO for a Virginia DL.
    He said, "I don't have a driver's license. Here's my retired Navy ID card." Then she said (LOUD enough for everyone in the place to hear), "WHY don't you have a driver's license. EVERYBODY has one."
    (That's when she ran to the manager.)

Like I said, Henry's white cane, which was clearly visible, should have been enough even for such a hysterical DUMB-BUNNY.
    (Most people, who have an IQ above "average room temperature", know that a white cane means: BLIND or nearly so.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    I bought some .410 Ammo at an Academy Store in San Antonio last week and the cashier asked me for ID! I could have made a big issue out of it but I doubt they would have changed anything...corporate policy; some 20 something cashier was just doing her job. I can always choose to shop elsewhere except their prices were good....and I needed 30 rounds of 2-3/4" .410 buckshot for a drum magazine for my Saiga .410!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    cwo4uscgret,

Off-topic I know but: How do you like those .410 buckshot shells??
    (I have a 1920s-era H&R Handy-Gun, in .410/3-inch chambering, in my tackle-box. - It looks like a "sawed off" shotgun but was made that way by H&R.)

I've also seen 3"/5-buckshot 000 shells advertised but have SEEN none of them.

WELCOME HOME, brother-in-arms.

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom