• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claimbuster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Rowlett, TX
    Wouldn't believe one word of that. Oma-ma isn't going to ban anything of significance and Walmart isn't going to turn away the profits it makes on ammo.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Confirmed..........................

BS..........all IMHO of course....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I believe the guy at the Round Rock chinamart. He said that 'they' told him to tell people not to expect ammo anytime soon. He even knew to call it an assault rifle. He was flabbergasted when I told him that the company he works for, sells AR's. Something, as a walmart employee, he didn't know. He also looked the type that stilled lived with mommy....at 40.

So i am a believer!!!!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    th?id=H.4794124927042311&pid=1.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Look....ammo is in short supply everywhere. Remember that Walmart buys at the lowest price - period. Given the dearth of available ammo right now, why is a wholesaler/manufacturer going to sell to them at lowball prices when they can sell everything they make elsewhere? So, yeah - I can see WM being out for a while.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Funny to see this shit in print. People do like running scared.

My local Wallyworld sporting goods retiree guy says the warehouse is out and not accepting orders until they get more stock. Not exactly newsworthy. As soon as the warehouse gets shipments, they will restock as they can.

Why is this under gun legislation?

Think I'll find a better home... Like gun myths 101.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Given the dearth of available ammo right now, why is a wholesaler/manufacturer going to sell to them at lowball prices when they can sell everything they make elsewhere? So, yeah - I can see WM being out for a while.

That's what I would think as well, but I wonder if these manufacturers are bound by contract to fill orders from Walmart and the other big companies?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I know the sporting goods people at the local Wally World pretty well. They told me that there is NO ammo scheduled for their store. They said that occasionally, a misc box of ammo makes it onto the truck but those are few and far between. They do NOT order ammo for the store. It is shipped as ordered by some other entity.....not the local store. I purchased several cases (8 boxes each) of Federal 12 gauge field loads and asked them if there would be any more. They said there had been a recent price change come through from $44/case to $47 and change but no actual ammo was coming. They said shipments were random and unannounced.

Flash

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Most likely the stores like Academy and Walmart and so on will stock the stores that sell the most. At this rate they know where its going to sell best and the large orders they purchase will be brought to stores where it sells the fastest.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    They do NOT order ammo for the store. It is shipped as ordered by some other entity.....not the local store. ... They said shipments were random and unannounced.

Flash

That's the MO for many large stores now. The inventory is electronically monitored with orders placed through HQ or some central shipping department. The years I worked for Best Buy in the "inventory" department, we never had a clue what was inbound on the truck that day, until the bid of lading came across the fax only a few hours before the truck arrived.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    My ex wife works for a tire wholesale supply. I asked why her company didn't sell at walmart. She reported that walmart charges the company to sell the tires.

So it go's like this:

Sub suppliers have to pay for them to be able to sell within the walmart chain. Walmart doesn't buy some products to sell themselves. Instead they charge other companies for the option to sell, their product, within walmarts store.

Walmart would make a dime on belly button lint if they could.

Top Bottom