Walther PPS

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by idleprocess, Mar 17, 2008.

1. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Anyone handled / shot / own one of these? I plan on getting my CHL soon and the PPS has been well-reviewed in every review I've seen thus far.

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They are OK, nothing to really go crazy about. I personally would invest in a HK P7 well before a PPS.

The P7 is better than the PPS in every category with the exception of intro price, but used issue model P7's can be had for not much more.

3. strecharmstrong

strecharmstrong New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    i plan on getting a PPS 9mm with my next paycheck, and trading in my Taurus PT111 as my carrier.

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I agree, I'd take the P7 over pretty much anything else, though I think the PPS is a perfectly good gun regardless. Here's a few threads I've found with some excellent comparison pics to put the size of them in better perspective:

P7 Vs. PPS

PPS Review make sure to check the other pages as there are comparison pics against an XD subcompact, Kahr PM9, P2000sk, Rohrbaugh R9, P99/P99C, and M&P9 SC

5. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Has anyone thought of checking out the CZ line.
    I have had the Rami with the 14 rd mags for about 2 years now
    and have 3000 rds threw it with not one problem.
    It is also my daily carry.

6. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    My wife had one but she did not like the recoil.I fired it and had no problems.I would consider a P7.

7. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    they're pretty hard to find. Most of the people at the gun show swore they didn't exist, or offered to put us on the list. Luck would have it McBrides got three today, so if your in the market, move your ass. I haven't gotten to test it out yet, and I don't have enough experience to compare it to other guns.

8. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    While the P7 has its supporters, it also has its detractors. 'Seems they tend to be polarizing.

I also can't find them for sale new. I gather they're not imported or made anymore? Those I can find on gunbroker are listing for $700 or more (and probably going for a bit more than that whenever they do sell) - nevermind the ~$100 going price for magazines. I can get a PPS locally for less than $600.

9. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Call CDNN, search for CDNN online. They are in Abilene I believe, and have good deals on the P7-PSP's. There is alot of price difference between vendors with HK firearms. Primarily the older stuff, because alot of people just aren't aware of the market.

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    http://www.topgunsupply.com/H-K-P7-PSP-9mm-Pistol-USED-pr-1190.html

You can't beat $599. I read that article you listed and honestly I think the guy is blowing things out of proportion and I've heard those things used by people to justify not liking the gun. ;) While I agree, the squeeze cocking function certainly isn't for everyone, just like the Glock grip angle isn't for everyone, just like $50,000 "fine" rifles aren't for everyone....I also think his mention of an inconvenient "12 step system" you have to use while using the gun is basically untrue. One of the really neat things about them is the squeeze cocker is the slide release, so you can insert the mag and release the slide all without having to change your grip and in about the fastest manner of any handgun out there. Personally I think it is a much more simple and faster method than any other gun. Don't get me wrong, I've handled several P7's and the grip cocker takes some getting used to and, to me, feels a little uncomfortable. The gun is just too good to me that I don't mind putting up with it.