• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That may be a good option for me since I am a lefty. I keep my 92 mag release for right hand shooting and even though I am fine using my middle finger on my left hand I do not like breaking my grip to change magazines

I had the mag release changed to the right side on my M2, as I am a lefty as well.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    While I am debating on which to go with can anyone point me to online dealers that have the best price? My FFL gives me a pretty good deal, but he has to charge me tax. Wanted to see if any dealers can beat him

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    ItsI all about that paddle mag release.

The paddle mag release is amazing. I would pick the PPQ M1 5 inch or the M&P 5 inch over the Glock 34 everytime. Nothing wrong with the 34, I just feel the Walther and M&P offer more out of the box and work better for me.

IAyixab.jpg

rlQ8Gp9.jpg

mgA0U5r.jpg

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    While I am debating on which to go with can anyone point me to online dealers that have the best price? My FFL gives me a pretty good deal, but he has to charge me tax. Wanted to see if any dealers can beat him

The PPQ M1 5 inch is only found at GunBuyer.com. As for other stuff, buds gun shop has always been good for me. I am sure others will chime in with some leads.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Thanks for the reply.. I apologize. I thought the Glock 34 was the long slide 9mm. As that is what I was looking to compare with the PPQ M2 5". Although the 357 Sig is nice I cant afford to get into another expensive cartridge, I can barley shoot my 10mm as much as I want because that price is nuts.
    OP, Well said - you have good people skills. But GHGlock is tough. He could've taken the truth.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    The PPQ M1 5 inch is only found at GunBuyer.com. As for other stuff, buds gun shop has always been good for me. I am sure others will chime in with some leads.
    Wow those are nice! I was leaning towards the M1, but now you threw a wrench in my plan with that MP. Is you MP 1st Gen or 2.0? Just looked at Gunbuyer and of course being in a communist state the first thing I look at is restrictions my state sucks. I really need to move south.

Last edited:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have read some great reviews on the PPS. However some say the trigger is to light for a carry gun. It may just be a personal preference for them. What are your thoughts on the trigger?
    I don't think the trigger is light at all. I don't have a way to test it, but if I were to guess, I'd say it was about 7 pounds. If it was light, trust me, I wouldn't carry it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I have read some great reviews on the PPS. However some say the trigger is to light for a carry gun. It may just be a personal preference for them. What are your thoughts on the trigger?

"Some" are full of it. 6.5 lbs by my butt-meter and obviously if you don't wanna shoot the gun, then you shouldn't have your finger on the trigger.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    "Some" are full of it. 6.5 lbs by my butt-meter and obviously if you don't wanna shoot the gun, then you shouldn't have your finger on the trigger.
    Kar you are cracking me up. Whoever thought 6.5 lbs is light needs to have there head examined. That sounds perfect. I was at a local store and one "know it all" came by and said "the trigger is so light I shot off 2 rounds and didn't even know it" I walked away shaking my head. That is a person who does not need to be around firearms. That had me thinking it was some super charged Geissele trigger or this guy is an idiot. I am going with the later

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Now the PPQ does have a very short reset on follow up shots and double tapping might occur. Not on the first shot tho.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    OP, Well said - you have good people skills. But GHGlock is tough. He could've taken the truth.

No kidding. I wish someone would have corrected me on the long slide. Better then looking like an idiot. I had mid size on the brain. The walther paddle mag release is pretty cool. I have a HK USP with the same style. Easier to push down then to the side. Walther made excellent james bond guns. It just seems to they copied or tried to improve to the original designs. To catch a piece of the polymer market. So did Sig.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have a G19, 17 and 34 that are great platforms. The only Walther I ever owned was a old P1. I would like to try a PPQ since a lot of people like them. I'm just not too crazy about the paddle mag release.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Wow those are nice! I was leaning towards the M1, but now you threw a wrench in my plan with that MP. Is you MP 1st Gen or 2.0? Just looked at Gunbuyer and of course being in a communist state the first thing I look at is restrictions my state sucks. I really need to move south.

It is an M&P M2.0. I own one in 40S&W and 9mm and they are outstanding. Much cheaper than the PPQ M1 5 inch as well if that is a factor.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have a G19, 17 and 34 that are great platforms. The only Walther I ever owned was a old P1. I would like to try a PPQ since a lot of people like them. I'm just not too crazy about the paddle mag release.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The M2 has a button release.

tomballpa

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Thanks for the reply.. I apologize. I thought the Glock 34 was the long slide 9mm. As that is what I was looking to compare with the PPQ M2 5". Although the 357 Sig is nice I cant afford to get into another expensive cartridge, I can barley shoot my 10mm as much as I want because that price is nuts.

The Glock 34 is the long slide 9mm. The Glock 32 is the 357Sig which I admit is about $.50 per round more expensive than 9mm.

chuckfw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Willow Park
    Sounds like an excellent candidate for someone to teach him how to reload ammo!

Top Bottom