Target Sports

Want to take bets on how this works out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Pretty damned awesome. They want the address of all the felons that didn't register their firearms and magazines. They got their home address and phone number posted instead.
    Gun Zone Deals

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    About raising kids well - the only problem is that we are outnumbered greatly by Progressives, Liberals, and Apathetics. Conservatives/Constitutionalists can do their best to raise their kids right, but we'll always be highly outnumbered. That's the problem.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Media and schools will still brainwash them. Even if we succeed in eliminating those influences they'll still be brainwashed by friends and acquaintances who are indoctrinated. The only way to combat this is to teach our children the art of critical thinking... so they can truly think for themselves.

it does not have to be that way. If you can stand not having a big new house and 2 new cars, one parent can stay home and home-school which is what we do. My kids have never stepped foot inside of a government school. My kids are involed in sports and all types of social activies and they are aware of what happens in schools and of the social brainwashing that goes on. They know who their elected officials are and who we are voting for on Tuesday.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I understand wanting to help fellow gun-owners in times like these, and I certainly understand the danger in allowing these things to fester and spread, but at what point do we hold the citizens of these states accountable for the fools they continue to elect? It's not like it's ever been any big secret that liberal Democrats in general despise the 2nd amendment and take every opportunity to undermine it. Yet for decades, the good folks in the Northeast and the West Coast continue to elect these people to office, over and over and over again. This was inevitable, and many of us here in the red states have been sounding the horn for years. They snicker at Ted Cruz as they vote for the likes of Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Diane Fienstein, and Ted Kennedy; what do they expect? I don't know the specifics of Connecticut politics but maybe they need to show the rest of us that they are serious about recalling some of the leftist fools that passed this crap, and putting some Tea Party types in their place before we in the red states decide to storm up there and get ourselves killed for a cause that maybe the majority of their blue residents don't even care about.

And yes, I know not all Connecticut gun owners voted for these people, and I know the courts should be protecting the 2nd amendment with half the zeal as they protect all the other nonsense they come up with, but at the end of the day, I can't help but feel some sense of "we told you so" or "you made your bed, you need to lie in it".

Having said that, I am very, very concerned for what's going on and like others, I don't know that this can end well for anybody.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I understand wanting to help fellow gun-owners in times like these, and I certainly understand the danger in allowing these things to fester and spread, but at what point do we hold the citizens of these states accountable for the fools they continue to elect? It's not like it's ever been any big secret that liberal Democrats in general despise the 2nd amendment and take every opportunity to undermine it. Yet for decades, the good folks in the Northeast and the West Coast continue to elect these people to office, over and over and over again. This was inevitable, and many of us here in the red states have been sounding the horn for years. They snicker at Ted Cruz as they vote for the likes of Andrew Cuomo, Jerry Brown, Diane Fienstein, and Ted Kennedy; what do they expect? I don't know the specifics of Connecticut politics but maybe they need to show the rest of us that they are serious about recalling some of the leftist fools that passed this crap, and putting some Tea Party types in their place before we in the red states decide to storm up there and get ourselves killed for a cause that maybe the majority of their blue residents don't even care about.

And yes, I know not all Connecticut gun owners voted for these people, and I know the courts should be protecting the 2nd amendment with half the zeal as they protect all the other nonsense they come up with, but at the end of the day, I can't help but feel some sense of "we told you so" or "you made your bed, you need to lie in it".

Having said that, I am very, very concerned for what's going on and like others, I don't know that this can end well for anybody.

Check the Congressional representative from the Houston area. They made the bed. Do they just lie in it? It's closer to home than we seem to realize.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Check the Congressional representative from the Houston area. They made the bed. Do they just lie in it? It's closer to home than we seem to realize.

I assume you're talking about Sheila Jackson Lee and yeah, I get that, but by and large Texas is more than holding up our end of this thing. As someone mentioned earlier, New York and California have been a lost cause for a while and they do nothing but continue to elect more and more leftists who just make it worse. That tells me that gun rights simply isn't an issue to most of the residents there. I don't know how we fight that from here.

The specific issue in Connecticut now is local to Connecticut, for now. I'm just saying maybe they need to show us that they take it seriously in their next election cycle before the rest of us contemplate a suicide mission.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If they roll over and give up, so be it. If they stand their ground and don't yeild, I'm backing their play.
    It's that simple.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Typically, those who are uncomfortable in the bed are NOT the ones who made it. When you have urban areas full of liberals it's difficult for the rural areas to swing the vote. The few going against the tide in suburbia sometimes just can't cast enough votes to fix things.

I'm sure a few gun owners voted for stupid, but is wager the vast majority did not.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I assume you're talking about Sheila Jackson Lee and yeah, I get that, but by and large Texas is more than holding up our end of this thing. As someone mentioned earlier, New York and California have been a lost cause for a while and they do nothing but continue to elect more and more leftists who just make it worse. That tells me that gun rights simply isn't an issue to most of the residents there. I don't know how we fight that from here.

The specific issue in Connecticut now is local to Connecticut, for now. I'm just saying maybe they need to show us that they take it seriously in their next election cycle before the rest of us contemplate a suicide mission.

I have no intentions of a suicide mission, I hope no one else on this forum is either.

There are smart ways to fight things, suicide is not one.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wouldn't it just be easier to build a wall around district 18 and treat it like Escape from New York?

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    ...but at what point do we hold the citizens of these states accountable for the fools they continue to elect?

Dash, during the last election that I participated in while a Connecticut resident, not one Republican that I voted for won. Not one. I went right across the paper for (R). It's pretty bad that the Dems have a super-majority up there. The Dems don't care if the Republicans even show up to debate anymore.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX

I live in Houston. I would not vote for Lee if she was the only candidate on the ballot. The only thing is the true Constitutionalists/Conservatives are, as I said, highly outnumbered by those who get free stuff. Saying "breed them out" is easier said than done, especially since the ones who have so many kids are the ones who can't afford them...

And when I think about it, the pilgrims didn't like how they were being treated, being a minority and all, without representation, so they relocated here to America... Unfortunately for us, I don't know of any uninhabited land these days...

And please don't block us in (whoever made that smartass comment, especially since Austin is so much better haha). There are many good people here. I guarantee we are stronger willed than the ones on the other side.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    attachment.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Connecticut Tops List of "Outbound" States | WNPR News

[h=1]Connecticut Tops List of "Outbound" States[/h] Share
    Tweet

Comments
    Print

By Harriet Jones
    truck-trees.jpg

It's long been a source of worry that Connecticut has more people leaving the state than coming in. Now there's fresh confirmation of the trend.
    Atlas Van Lines, a national moving company, couldn't really be closer to the action when it comes to migration patterns. Each year, it tracks how many households it moved from state to state, and comes up with national data to show which states have more inbound or more outbound moves.
    Screen_Shot_2014-01-03_at_9.56.32_AM.png
    Connecticut patterns of in and out migration since 2004
    Credit Atlas Van Lines

Atlas said that in 2013, Connecticut had the highest percentage of outbound moves of any state: 60 percent of the people the company moved in Connecticut -- 1,230 moves -- were crossing out of the state. By contrast, just 825 households moved into the state from elsewhere.

Top Bottom