• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragwn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Plano
    Howdy GPtwins, will have to meet up sometime over in your neck of the woods. Haven't even had a chance to put any rounds through my new guns yet *laughs* is your board name due to being a twin, or MotoGP maybe?

Sent from my CrackBerry using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    The board name came from having two Ruger GP100s and the fact the my other choice was already taken when I signed up. I just picked up a Ruger SR1911 so now I have even more weapons to point down range.

claimbuster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Rowlett, TX
    It isn't my intention to hijack, but I thought my question might fit in here. I have recently retired to the DFW area (Rowlett) and am still looking for places to shoot. I don't know anyone here so I am struggling a bit. Been out to Garland and to the Bullet Trap as a spectator and then today I stopped at a place in Mesquite on I30 called the "Gun Zone" ???? As I was talking to the guy there about memberships, etc. he said that reloads weren't allowed.

My question, will I find the "no reload" rule at other indoor ranges? If so, I can't afford to shoot. :(

If anyone in this neck of the woods is interested in a cup of coffee some morning, I'd love to meet up. I'm just an old guy with a bunch of old 1911's that need shooting.

Dragwn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Plano
    It isn't my intention to hijack, but I thought my question might fit in here. I have recently retired to the DFW area (Rowlett) and am still looking for places to shoot. I don't know anyone here so I am struggling a bit. Been out to Garland and to the Bullet Trap as a spectator and then today I stopped at a place in Mesquite on I30 called the "Gun Zone" ???? As I was talking to the guy there about memberships, etc. he said that reloads weren't allowed.

My question, will I find the "no reload" rule at other indoor ranges? If so, I can't afford to shoot. :(

If anyone in this neck of the woods is interested in a cup of coffee some morning, I'd love to meet up. I'm just an old guy with a bunch of old 1911's that need shooting.

Howdy! I'll have to look into that Gun Zone place and see what else they do/don't allow since I am over by the Cracker Barrel. Welcome to the area, where did you move from?

Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas

I've belonged to the Bullet Trap for ~20 years. They allow reloads, but only jacketed, no lead.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Haven't been to the gun zone but inhale seen it. If you take Rowlett road Untill it turns into Firewheel Parkway then turn north on Pleasant Valley you will find the Garland Public Gun Range. It is about a half mile from my house. Was thinking about throwing some lead down rang myself this weekend.

Garland is an outdoor range.

Gibson's Outpost also allows reloads but, again, it is an outdoor range

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    On Thursday nights I go to Sherman for an after hours IDPA practice. 7-9 pm. I go most Thursdays. Anyone want to go? I go through Plano on 75 on the way. You can ride with, but I don't drive slow.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    I'm headed to Elm Fork tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon with my son. Going to shoot his 22 Marlin and my Walther PPQ. Should you be interested in meeting out there.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Never heard of a place that banned reloads. How the hell are they gonna know if, say, you keep your ammo in carriers/cans? What if they're factory remans? i.e. reloads with a fancy label and more reliable QC.

claimbuster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Rowlett, TX
    I suppose their insurance carrier may have something to do with the no reload policy.

My grand son came to visit last week and he was what I needed to get off my butt and go shooting. We went to the Garland outdoor range twice. Other than a bit on the hot side, we had a great time. Fat old boys from Colorado tend to sweat a bit in this heat.

Top Bottom