Lynx Defense

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Before anyone gets any more presumptive: I was a weapons troop in the military, & I have have an active Top Secret security clearance to this day. So I do have the training & credentials that precious few can ever attain. Uncle Sam spent over $50k on my background search a couple of times over & saw me fit to spend much more on in training. But wait, there's more! I've also been entrusted with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment, that most only dream about ever seeing. I didn't come here to start a pissing contest, but clearly others wanted to attack my personal thoughts. They have a right to free speech, because of people like me. You're welcome.

Top secret is actually pretty common. As is specialized training. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment? So what? I was responsible for the safety of nuclear warheads. I've seen and been around things that can't be talked about for the next 40 years IIRC. Guess what-its called being in the military. Everyone is treated special and see's cool shit. Everyone who's done at least two years has had a chance to be great at something in the military and have their own nice story. Get off your high horse because nobody really gives a crap about it beyond having drinking stories lol

I worked at NAB Coronado for part of my enlistment. Six years, actually. Those were some badass mofo's out there. I find that the ones who are usually worth the most respect for what they've done, generally brag the least.
    Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

Last edited:

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Top secret is actually pretty common. As is specialized training. Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment? So what? I was responsible for the safety of nuclear warheads. I've seen and been around things that can't be talked about for the next 40 years IIRC. Guess what-its called being in the military. Everyone is treated special and see's cool shit. Everyone who's done at least two years has had a chance to be great at something in the military and have their own nice story. Get off your high horse because nobody really gives a crap about it beyond having drinking stories lol

I agree with you that's why I told him to Google what I did. Im not saying im a bad ass I have worked with people a lot more bass ass than me.My job allowed me to work with some really cool people like a certain Chief Petty Officer.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Well, to get this back on track, I think i would just shoot center mass until the threat was gone. Then, if they bleed out while the EMT's are on the way...sorry bout your luck, bud.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Warning shots are for Joe Biden, so long he's on his back porch. No, you don't shoot to warn, you don't shoot the weapon out of their hand (I've been asked why not do that), you don't shoot to wound....you shoot to end the threat. Whether you wound or kill the actor is irrelevant.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sorry you misinterpreted it that way...I'm not trying to be a tough guy as I know no one here & have nothing to prove.

Not trying to stir the pot, but on a serious note, what is everyone's thoughts on the police shooting in OH, particularly at 1:10 - 1:17 of ths video? The guy appeared to be neutralized at 1:10, yet the police keep shooting him multiple times for 7 more seconds. Did the police commit murder, or was it justified?

Gunman Fires On Police With AK47 VIDEO of Middlefield Ohio shooter James Gilkerson - YouTube

Still armed and obviously not incapacitated.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Before anyone gets any more presumptive: I was a weapons troop in the military, & I have have an active Top Secret security clearance to this day. So I do have the training & credentials that precious few can ever attain. Uncle Sam spent over $50k on my background search a couple of times over & saw me fit to spend much more on in training. But wait, there's more! I've also been entrusted with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment, that most only dream about ever seeing. I didn't come here to start a pissing contest, but clearly others wanted to attack my personal thoughts. They have a right to free speech, because of people like me. You're welcome.

Wow, man. Sounds like you've been around the block a few times! I would like to thank you for taking the time out to slum it with us here on TGT. It's nice for a change to see we're starting to attract people with your level of experience to the site.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

Don't lie. You're actually 17 years old and can't wait to enlist.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wow, man. Sounds like you've been around the block a few times! I would like to thank you for taking the time out to slum it with us here on TGT. It's nice for a change to see we're starting to attract people with your level of experience to the site.

For those that couldn't tell, this was sarcasm.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If anybody didn't think it was, they need to leave. This seriously needs to go in YG's trolling thread.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Really? Oh-i was in agreeance with Sig. I'm just soooo happy he could come mingle amongst us mere peasants and raise the class level a little.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    As the saying goes............................ "When you find yourself in a hole, ya' can't get out of it by continuing to dig." Or something like that. Ron White's philosophy is to shoot 'em in the leg and when they turn around, then go center mass. Or something like that.

Damn, I always miss the good stuff. Looks like this thread is dead (or at least the threat has stopped).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    As the saying goes............................ "When you find yourself in a hole, ya' can't get out of it by continuing to dig." Or something like that. Ron White's philosophy is to shoot 'em in the leg and when they turn around, then go center mass. Or something like that.

Damn, I always miss the good stuff. Looks like this thread is dead (or at least the threat has stopped).

lol White said after a show someone came up to him and was ranting that in Texas you could not shoot someone in the back, no matter what. White just told the guy, "well, you can start shooting him in the leg till he turns around, cause eventually he will get curious and turn around..."

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I knew it was something like that .......................I like ole' "Tater Salad"!

I think I got this "shoot to stop" thing figured out, it's OK to shoot a warning shot as long as you hit them center mass ..........in the front, right? :p

Last edited:

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    that's about as dumb as some of the self-defense instructors out here telling everyone that the first chambered round should be a blank. if i draw, that means i intend to use it. if i want to scare someone off, i will call my neighbor. she weighs 300 pounds and talks like Chef's mother. besides, my 1911 makes big holes. holes capable of removing limbs or severing arteries. a 'wound' can be just as fatal as a controlled pair to the thoracic cavity, they just expire slower and my wall gets painted.

isn't it unethical to induce suffering anyway?

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Weapons troop? Not a shooter? Not like it matters, the military world and civilian world are completely different in terms of when lethal force is OK, and even in terms of what kinds of force are OK.

A small example: Suppressing fire? Nope. Negligent discharges.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom