• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    What about those clear vinyl fitted hat bags that LE fits on their cowboys hats? I think the DPS troopers us them. Otherwise a cowboy-style hard hat as mentioned earlier is probably the best bet for a “normal” looking hat. Of course, there is alway this this style
    9E850652-3DCE-491F-A16E-F9DDD1EE869C.png
    Guns International

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    What about those clear vinyl fitted hat bags that LE fits on their cowboys hats? I think the DPS troopers us them. Otherwise a cowboy-style hard hat as mentioned earlier is probably the best bet for a “normal” looking hat. Of course, there is alway this this style View attachment 409325
    I am way to fat to pull off that shirt , but maybe the camouflage head mounted umbrella would make me look goofy enough nobody would notice the fat guy crammed in that shirt.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Personally what worked best for me was a Goretex rain jacket with a hood. The Goretex jacket has vent in the armpits to open for ventilation and the hood has a pull tie to adjust it around what may be on you head from helmet to cap. In Texas so often the rain just up the humidity & if what you are wearing not breathing you get as wet from sweating as you would from rain.

Goretex boots are a must too. Dry feet are as important if not more so then a dry head.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Buy a western style (cowbou hat) that is available with a rain cover (plastic). Police and the military have/had them for their bus driver hats for years.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Spray it? They need to be dressed with beeswax & oil combination.

What about a Filson Wool Packer Hat? Wool is the original Goretex.

I tried to find the Filson rain hat I bought but did not see it on their web site. Then again Filson was bought by some designer & their clothes might no longer be what they once were.
    <>

After decades of using Filson products,I finally gave-up on them.

They always ‘’leak’’, no mater their care. The jackets are very HEAVY.

They have become absurdly expensive.

GoreTex 2 or 2.5 is always better.

<>

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    <>

After decades of using Filson products,I finally gave-up on them.

They always ‘’leak’’, no mater their care. The jackets are very HEAVY.

They have become absurdly expensive.

GoreTex 2 or 2.5 is always better.

<>
    I had a Lewis Creek oil skin that I got after buying my Swarovski spotting scope for free. While it was heavier then any Goretex it never leaked gave me many years of service and was a great winter coat when pared with a sweater.

Filson made damned fine clothes that were better constructed then most everything else on the market. I out grew them & passed them one. My Filson medium duffle is better now, then when I bought it new 30 years ago. It's broken in & one of the best expenditures of money of money I spent. I can see it lasting a hundred years no problem.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Many cowboy hats are water proof. Or do like Deputies, DPS, Texas Rangers and get a condom (rain hat cover) for a cowboy hat.

If not into cowboy hats, get a waterproof sailing hat, like Sealskins and others make.

I would rub my boonie hats I used in the military with a beeswax mix. Worked well for weeks in the field with pouring rain, granted sweat will get your hair wet. Every few months you might have to apply more beeswax, but a block can last two years.

Top Bottom