• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    Regardless of who brought the case and even if you discounted half the testimony given, it appears like WLP and his inner circle probably carried on a criminal conspiracy for a couple of decades. How much more could have been done on our behalf, and I'm a Life Member of the NRA, if WLP et al had kept their mitts out of the money. From what I've garnered, the pecuniary liability they assigned WLP in no way addresses the loss in buying power of our membership dollars that he squandered. Not to mention the legal fees paid to defend his actions.

I really have a hard time believing the NRA legal team when they said that whenever corruption was discovered WLP and the NRA rooted it out and fixed it. The fox in the hen house analogy comes to mind. Anyone remember when he cashed out his retirement then months later cancelled the retirement plan for NRA employees?

I have always been told and experienced in real life, that the first thing whoever takes over needs to do is have a complete independent audit to find out what is the true financial position of the NRA, where the bodies are buried so to speak, and clean out the deadwood.

I am praying we can get an NRA that lives up to a good moral code and is trustworthy again from this shameful period.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    Regardless of who brought the case and even if you discounted half the testimony given, it appears like WLP and his inner circle probably carried on a criminal conspiracy for a couple of decades. How much more could have been done on our behalf, and I'm a Life Member of the NRA, if WLP et al had kept their mitts out of the money. From what I've garnered, the pecuniary liability they assigned WLP in no way addresses the loss in buying power of our membership dollars that he squandered. Not to mention the legal fees paid to defend his actions.

I really have a hard time believing the NRA legal team when they said that whenever corruption was discovered WLP and the NRA rooted it out and fixed it. The fox in the hen house analogy comes to mind. Anyone remember when he cashed out his retirement then months later cancelled the retirement plan for NRA employees?

I have always been told and experienced in real life, that the first thing whoever takes over needs to do is have a complete independent audit to find out what is the true financial position of the NRA, where the bodies are buried so to speak, and clean out the deadwood.

I am praying we can get an NRA that lives up to a good moral code and is trustworthy again from this shameful period.
    Too long in power inevitably leads to problems, and I agree there has been. But remember, this is the same AG who went after Trump for "fraud" in what (based on my decades in CRE) the most BS case one could imagine (along with the "damages" of >$300M). Just don't throw out the baby with the bath water ...

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    As a member of NRA, I can see why the Dems went after them because they dared have influence among politicians and had members who believe in gun rights. If WLP and his cronies squandered and pilfered our dues and other monies, they were going to be found out eventually anyway. I don't know where the NRA goes from here to regain support from everyday gun owners and politicians who all once supported them and their voting power. My old NRA window decal on truck needs to come off anyway. I joined GOA last night. Seems like a worthy group.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    As a member of NRA, I can see why the Dems went after them because they dared have influence among politicians and had members who believe in gun rights. If WLP and his cronies squandered and pilfered our dues and other monies, they were going to be found out eventually anyway. I don't know where the NRA goes from here to regain support from everyday gun owners and politicians who all once supported them and their voting power. My old NRA window decal on truck needs to come off anyway. I joined GOA last night. Seems like a worthy group.
    I'm a GOA member and lifetime at NRA. I feel the latter does a lot of things I value, but it appears the time for new leadership was significantly overdue. Yet we all know exactly why the NY AG brought the lawsuit.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I don't see any way for the NRA to survive long term unless there is a COMPLETE house cleaning, and I don't believe there's any way the existing leadership will let that happen. But that's the only way to even have a chance to rebuild the trust they've lost with their membership

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    WLP could never get a fair jury in New York so "guilt" has not been proven in my mind. I don't know if he is guilty or not. On the other hand I just received a ballot for NRA elections and haven't any idea of who to not vote for or rather, who to vote for. Anyone more knowledgeable than I am please suggest some names.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From ABC Network News 2/23/2024 just 22 seconds about his conviction. NBC and CBS Network reported the story as well.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    The best 13 minutes of information, exhibits and documentation.

I really like this guy. He comes across as someone you'd like to invite to a BBQ.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    WLP could never get a fair jury in New York so "guilt" has not been proven in my mind. I don't know if he is guilty or not. On the other hand I just received a ballot for NRA elections and haven't any idea of who to not vote for or rather, who to vote for. Anyone more knowledgeable than I am please suggest some names.
    You need to read some of the books written about this situation. He is guilty of what he was charged with. The fact that DA did it to destroy the NRA doesn't make it any less so.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You need to read some of the books written about this situation. He is guilty of what he was charged with. The fact that DA did it to destroy the NRA doesn't make it any less so.
    I AGREE THAT THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT WLP BUT THE NRA AS WELL BECAUSE THEY HAVE FAD LOTS OF POLITICAL INFLUENCE FOR GUN RIGHTS FOR DECADES!

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Sometimes good things happen because of bad people. NY wanted to destroy the NRA, but they had to follow the law, and WLP and Co. were the only ones breaking the law. I like that all monies must be returned to the NRA. Ny does not make any money , and WLP and Co. are exposed for the criminals that they are.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Thanks for wrecking the NRA Wayne.
    You did notice that it was not merely WLP but the NRA itself that was found guilty, didn't you. Did he spend all that money inappropriately all by himself with regard to these charges? I think not. I mean, it's not like he spent all those funds inappropriately by himself and without the approval of others in the NRA hierarchy and without those others also misusing fund is it!

I am hopeful the NRA will not be ruined because of this but will survive with big changes as to accounting for the funds paid by and donated by the membership. Of course, this was in NY and thus the whole trial likely was tainted by anti RKBA bias from the beginning but let's face it, there seems to be troves of evidence for a prosecutor leaning that way as much as I wish there was not. Still even in a gun friendly state like TX maybe he would have been found guilty, heck it may even have been likely, that based upon the bias of many NRA members who firmly believed, before any trial took place, that he had betrayed the NRA membership and misappropriated funds for his personal benefit. The amount of pre-trial & pre-conviction bias against him on all sides is/was tremendous. My guess is that now, you will see folks who believed him guilty before the trial, in states other than NY, coming out and saying he was only convicted because the trial was in NY - that despite the fact that many of those same folks probably had convicted him in their minds long before he ws brought to trial.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom