• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    I place ad here to sell a couple of 10/22 guns. Got a couple of replies. One from SA and I mentioned I was sell off guns as I have developed Tremors and not as fun to shoot as it once was. He said he was interested in anything I had for sale. I texted him a list of guns and prices for @ 10 guns and included pictures yesterday. Swapped a couple of texts.
    Today checked my I phone (15 ) several pictures have been removed and pictures have all been categorized and dated. Something I have never done or seen on my I phone 15 before. Several pictures of my house are missing, pictures of my BBQ pits. pics of BBQ meals, several AR pictures. Interesting on a written price list of guns the words arms and armory are highlighted One picture of a manual the word manual is highlighted. When I downloaded to post here the highlights do not show up.

I find it funny that "IF" this is some hack, spying, or monitoring on a 72 Texas
    cuss words.jpg
    redneck legally selling off a few guns and Big Tech found me... Have a nice day.
    DK Firearms

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    How long have you had your iPhone 15?
    When you transferred data from your old phone did you go directly from the older iPhone or from a backup?

There may be nothing nefarious here. iPhone 15 is fairly new and crap can happen when you transfer data. Depending on where you purchased the phone you may be able to recover whatever data you are missing. It also may be on your phone just not where you would expect to find it.

And yes, we are likely being monitored.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Seriously, if you don't like being tracked, monitored, cataloged, etc., then you probably should not have a smart phone, social media, credit card, loyalty cards, etc. Everything is tracked now. Gov not allowed to do it directly but they can buy it from google, apple, and anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Any website about guns is an automatic list on the list, we all know that by now and all members' info recorded for safekeeping. When computers first came out we all thought wow, all the possibilities, cool. But you know how mankind has always turned technology into nefarious tools, each and every time. .

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Nothing going on with the text being highlighted, that's simple OCR (Optical Character Recognition). Been on iOS for quite some time now, and it lets you search your photos by words found in them. It highlights them so you can touch and copy the text quickly and easily. A simple test, take a picture of anything with a phone number on it. The TV if you want, switch to a shopping channel and take a pic. Then pull up that photo in your camera roll, and you'll notice you can touch the phone number in the photo and make a call directly from it.

As for your photos going missing, I'm willing to bet they're still there, but maybe no where you're expecting them. You can organize photos by albums, date, etc. and might not be seeing them all.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    My iphone from a couple of years ago took all my photos of food and made a slideshow of them. I have no idea how that was done. It's really good, too. When I switched to applecrap 14, some of the photos disappeared. I have no idea of how that was done either. So far none of them have taken photos of guns and done a slideshow, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, or if some photos vanish. This is crapple we're talking about here, so there aren't many sensible rules.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    LOL

No alphabet group gives a crap about individuals and there guns unless you are doing nefarious things

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    LOL

No alphabet group gives a crap about individuals and there guns unless you are doing nefarious things
    How are they going to decide if you are doing nefarious things without monitoring you?

Every click, word you type, and thing you say is monitored.

You think you're safe if your phone is dead and off? I got some news for you.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

”WE ARE BEING MONITORED”

It is worse than that.

I had to leave f-b permanently, b/c some internal f-b employee-hacker tried to make it look that I was attempting to buy illegal machine guns. The entire posts were fakes, did. not originate with me.

i never got a reply from f-b, but soon a public ’’news release’’ told that several f-b employees had been fired for chicanery.

Who knows ?

”It can and WILL be used against you in a court of law. . . . ‘’

I note that our Attorneys rarely post anything other than benign comments.

leVieux

<>

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    Today checked my I phone (15 ) several pictures have been removed and pictures have all been categorized and dated.

I am super-sensitive about computer security. I study Hacking on dark web forums every day to learn how to defend the substantial amount of money I keep in Bitcoin from theft by FedGov and Hackers.

Honestly, it sounds like you don't know how to use your phone very well, and are unfamiliar with what it does.

You are not being hacked.

I follow Rob Braxman for security advice. Please subscribe to his channel.

Last week he published this excellent over-view video on the current state of FedGov surveillance...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I place ad here to sell a couple of 10/22 guns. Got a couple of replies. One from SA and I mentioned I was sell off guns as I have developed Tremors and not as fun to shoot as it once was. He said he was interested in anything I had for sale. I texted him a list of guns and prices for @ 10 guns and included pictures yesterday. Swapped a couple of texts.
    Today checked my I phone (15 ) several pictures have been removed and pictures have all been categorized and dated. Something I have never done or seen on my I phone 15 before. Several pictures of my house are missing, pictures of my BBQ pits. pics of BBQ meals, several AR pictures. Interesting on a written price list of guns the words arms and armory are highlighted One picture of a manual the word manual is highlighted. When I downloaded to post here the highlights do not show up.

I find it funny that "IF" this is some hack, spying, or monitoring on a 72 Texas View attachment 408553 redneck legally selling off a few guns and Big Tech found me... Have a nice day.
    LOL OK Boomer.

On-phone AI looking at your pictures to make them more useful is not THEM monitoring you. It's a new feature of iOS 17. You can take pics of plants and it will show you their names, you can group pics of people and even pets, it will recognize a tracking number on a FedEx receipt and offer a link to track the package, it will offer hints as to what the mysterious symbols on laundry tags and in your car's dashboard mean etc etc.

Nobody's "monitoring" your bony ole ass.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    How are they going to decide if you are doing nefarious things without monitoring you?

Every click, word you type, and thing you say is monitored.

You think you're safe if your phone is dead and off? I got some news for you.

That is why I remove the battery and put it in a faraday cage at home and use a faraday bag when I have to take my phone with me.

Top Bottom