• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Honestly if you're concerned about the monitoring, what's the harm in ... wait for it ...

Not having a smart phone at all?
    ...or learn how to mitigate all the spying so you still get to enjoy a smartphone.
    To that point, I just found out about this. Offline, open source, voice input: https://voiceinput.futo.org/
    I've never had voice to text on my phone before because I don't willingly let google record me.

Also as we've already covered before you can still be tracked and listened to with a dumb phone. You actually have better privacy on a de-googled smartphone using Signal or some other end-to-end encryption app than using a flip phone where everything is in the clear.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    .... You actually have better privacy on a de-googled smartphone using Signal or some other end-to-end encryption app than using a flip phone where everything is in the clear.
    Signal. I like it, checked it out.
    Seems both ends of a call have to go through Signal...

"After you have registered your number with Signal, you can start communicating privately with other Signal users."

I like it.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In the weeds, now. Alternative just wants to know which phones have removable batteries.

Me, too, so I did some searching. Here are a half-dozen.

Yeah, that's all well and good until you reinsert the battery and turn the phone on...

Top Bottom