• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Bonnie broke her leg so I went to get her, brought her to my place and I've been feeding and transporting her to the doctor for several weeks.

She was having trouble with her cell phone and mine was over 5 years old so we decided to get our plans and phones fixed.

We went to the AT&T store in Baytown and waited for 1 1/2 hours to get some help. When the guy arrived, I had to pee and told him so. He refused to allow me to use the facilities. Even though the company name has changed several times, I've had the same service since 1999 and was not a new customer.

I was HOT and since I'm a very confrontational person anyway, I cut loose.
    When an old man needs to pee, he needs to pee RIGHT NOW!

I ran down the block to a gas station, took care of business and returned while Bonnie was still talking about her phone. I gave the guy a message for the bosses and he assured me that he would pass it along. It was ugly.

I got a new phone and we finally left almost two hours later. When I got home, I put a call in to the Baytown Health Department and I'll file a complaint on AT&T for not having bathroom facilities or services for the disabled.

You may ask......Will it help to file a complaint?
    In 2008, the company that I worked for hired many part time production people and many of those were Ex Offenders. It was large company with a rough bunch working there!

Some dipstick took a magic marker to the bathroom stall walls and defaced them. Their response was to put a giant hasp and padlock on the washroom door and forced the men to piss out the shipping dock door for two friggin' months! It smelled like a giant Kitty Litter box out there!

I asked the bosses to remove the lock but they refused.
    I DEMANDED that they remove the lock and they threatened to fire me for speaking out.

I responded with a promise that I would file a complaint with the city Health Department and they brushed me off, again. My complaint was filed that same day and I signed my name to it.......it was not anonymous!

The Mayor of Pasadena handled my complaint personally. He sent investigators out within 48 hours, the company was fined and the lock was removed! The story appeared in the local newspaper.

Why post this?
    We have arrived at the point where even the most basic courtesies are denied to customers. As citizens, we are treated like cattle. Speak up! Act Up! Don't put up with it! I may nail them for the Health Department violation or I may fail. I will find SOME way to make them unhappy and at least, I'll fight!

Flash
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    1281704312_web.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not related to peeing, but I had a pretty terrible experience at an ATT store as well. I go in the store and start looking at phones. Within a couple mins of looking around some guy comes up and asks if I've been helped. I say no so he puts me on the list and says "I need to finish helping these other customers, but I'll be with you after that."

"Ok, perfect," I say. That guy finishes with the other folks and promptly goes into the back. Not really thinking anything of that for the moment, but I then notice another sales rep get finished with some customers and also disappear into the back. ...and then the same thing happens again. At this point there are no sales reps on the floor, and I also notice that there's actually other people waiting before me. A few mins later some different guy comes from the back and just starts staring at their tablet that they use to put people on the list. By this time I've been standing around for 30min; no clue how long the pother people have been waiting.

I walk up to the dude who is doing nothing and ask what he's doing. I try to be polite even though my patience is wearing thin. In a very sassy tone he says, "Uh, checking people in."

Politeness lost... I say to him, "There's no line to check in, I have been here 30min, there's people who have been waiting longer than me, and you're the only sales person on the floor. Can you help us?"

Even sassier than before he says "Well if I help you then there wouldn't be anyone checking people in." I point out to him again that there is no line to check in, tell him he's fucking ridiculous and leave. I drive to a different AT&T store in Round Rock. Get helped within 10min, already know what I want, takes them 3min to pull it out from the back, and another 5min to set up the account for me. BAM! That's how it should be.

I emailed and left a voice mail for the manager of the other store and never heard back. The mismanaged store with the idiotic snobby employees was in the Arboretum, btw. Don't go there.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Flash, I can't help but wonder why you would continue doing business with a company that treated you that way. I get even by taking my business somewhere else.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol.

WTF would you have a "right to pee" at the cell phone store?

Where else do you have the "right to pee"?

"As citizens we are treated like cattle"

Was it a government owned cell phone store? Sounds like you are just trying to use the gov to push another citizen around and get your way.

Total fail.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    We dont have public restrooms. Customers would have to walk through the back office to get to it. Did the guy try to explain why he couldn't let you use it?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Cell phone stores are worse than used car stores. To get a license to osell cars you have to have a public bathroom, I don't think that is the case for cell phones.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My friend Bonnie broke her leg so I went to get her, brought her to my place and I've been feeding and transporting her to the doctor for several weeks.

She was having trouble with her cell phone and mine was over 5 years old so we decided to get our plans and phones fixed.

We went to the AT&T store in Baytown and waited for 1 1/2 hours to get some help. When the guy arrived, I had to pee and told him so. He refused to allow me to use the facilities. Even though the company name has changed several times, I've had the same service since 1999 and was not a new customer.

I was HOT and since I'm a very confrontational person anyway, I cut loose.
    When an old man needs to pee, he needs to pee RIGHT NOW!

I ran down the block to a gas station, took care of business and returned while Bonnie was still talking about her phone. I gave the guy a message for the bosses and he assured me that he would pass it along. It was ugly.

I got a new phone and we finally left almost two hours later. When I got home, I put a call in to the Baytown Health Department and I'll file a complaint on AT&T for not having bathroom facilities or services for the disabled.

You may ask......Will it help to file a complaint?
    In 2008, the company that I worked for hired many part time production people and many of those were Ex Offenders. It was large company with a rough bunch working there!

Some dipstick took a magic marker to the bathroom stall walls and defaced them. Their response was to put a giant hasp and padlock on the washroom door and forced the men to piss out the shipping dock door for two friggin' months! It smelled like a giant Kitty Litter box out there!

I asked the bosses to remove the lock but they refused.
    I DEMANDED that they remove the lock and they threatened to fire me for speaking out.

I responded with a promise that I would file a complaint with the city Health Department and they brushed me off, again. My complaint was filed that same day and I signed my name to it.......it was not anonymous!

The Mayor of Pasadena handled my complaint personally. He sent investigators out within 48 hours, the company was fined and the lock was removed! The story appeared in the local newspaper.

Why post this?
    We have arrived at the point where even the most basic courtesies are denied to customers. As citizens, we are treated like cattle. Speak up! Act Up! Don't put up with it! I may nail them for the Health Department violation or I may fail. I will find SOME way to make them unhappy and at least, I'll fight!

Flash

Your little work related story and the cell phone story are not related.

I never heard of a mayor handling bathroom complaints, either.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'm guessing that it's not so much the "right to pee", as it is the increasing and downright passive/aggressive attitude of the folks hired to work in these places.

The upper management of corporations of this particular industry, as well as some others, seem hell bent on isolating themselves from their customers with a public face/palace guard of ill raised, ill educated numb nuts, too ignorant, and with no authority to make common sense exceptions to "corporate" policy when it comes to the comfort and convenience of their customers.

Used to be that folks, either through age or infirmity, needing to suddenly and urgently perform a necessary function of every animal on the planet, were treated with thoughtful consideration when there were facilities on the premises.

ADD/ADHD/Auspergers, or whatever, the practice of being thoughtful and considerate is almost extinct in these environments.

Since some seem so intent on a makeover of the US to a progressive European model, guess we'll just have to do what they do in Europe ... walk outside and piss on their wall.

</rant>

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lost me at the last paragraph.

The rest I generally agree with, but these things are changed through costumer action (shopping somewhere else). Not looking for a new gov regulation to make them do what you want.

Making a scene and demanding use represents an entitlement mindset.

Top Bottom