• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Lost me at the last paragraph.

Assuming you mean the last sentence, re: Europe. Spend any time living in a European country?

Very well known that liberal intellectuals view the European welfare states as role models for the future of the United States.

The rest I generally agree with, but these things are changed through costumer action (shopping somewhere else). Not looking for a new gov regulation to make them do what you want.

Making a scene and demanding use represents an entitlement mindset.

When your ageing prostrate kicks in, Oh how your tune will change about that bodily function being an "entitlement".

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I can't find where a car dealer needs to have a bathroom. I guess I misremembered.

Or maybe it was a local thing at one location my dad had.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Flip side even though I have had an office job for the last 15 years.

I worked in many places that did not have a public restroom. Having worked in the food service industry in high school and part of my college years I can tell you that there is nothing nastier than having to clean the damn things. It is amazing how callous people are when it is not their own house. I'm talking about people doing stupid crap like wiping boogers on the wall in front of the urinal. Just having to clean up legitimate messes would be bad enough.

Know what, any place I've worked though I would rather clean the Men's than the Women's. Oh my God! They think we are disgusting pigs?

I completely understand why many business don't have a public restroom. This is one of those "tragedy of the commons" issues. It only takes one slob with an irritated bowel to completely shut down a bathroom and since the employees are there for FOUR to EIGHT hours at a time that can be a real problem.

Now, I've already got a bladder like a small hamster so I am not really looking forward to that getting worse in the next 20 years or so and I sympathize. I do try to be strategic about trips about town so I don't end up in a lot of discomfort. I also don't wait for an hour and a half on anything. I'm too busy! I'll come back or take my business elsewhere.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    So do you think business should handle people with this disability differently?

Not at all, no way shape or form advocating any "entitlement minded" regulatory nonsense

Perhaps I failed to make my rant against an observable decline in behavior regarding treating customers with thoughtfulness, consideration and civility not clear enough.

Simply pissing and moaning in a thread about pissing and moaning.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Humm, I don't see anything about bathrooms....

Just a guess, but I can see a situation where a car dealership applying for a CO (cert of occupancy) with just about any fair sized city in Texas would be subjected to the nazi like Codes that most cities enforce. I was part of a small church that started in a store front. 40 members. We were forced to have a bathroom, not just one but 2, one for each sex.
    We had 2 but only one was ADA. We had to really fight to get a 6 month waiver in order to not spend 8K to upgrade the 2nd bathroom to ADA compliance.

and our church never served food to the public and yet we were required by code to provide bathrooms

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    thats right, I think its city codes and rules and not a matter of Texas Law

Exactly. Municipalities generally adopt, and modify for their own use, existing codes for both commercial and residential. Federal ADA will sometimes play a part as well.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lol.

WTF would you have a "right to pee" at the cell phone store?

Where else do you have the "right to pee"?

"As citizens we are treated like cattle"

Was it a government owned cell phone store? Sounds like you are just trying to use the gov to push another citizen around and get your way.

Total fail.

See what you got to look forward to?

It should never be government mandated but it's good customer relations if you expect them to wait for an hour or more for service to have a place to relieve themselves.

Now, if we old farts can make an enlarged prostrate an ADA issue, we'll [ahem] have the world by the balls, so to speak.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Lotta sides to this issue. On one hand you got a business that is in business to provide a service, not restrooms. On the other people gotta go. Place I work at has two Johns. One for the owner, the other for everyone else. I absolutely die when some lady runs in and needs to take her little darling to the John. Ain't no telling if she'll try to flush a diaper down the toilet Sam Houston installed when Houston was founded or leave the thing in the sink with 20lbs of steaming shit in it. F'n fast food places all around us and she has to pick our office??? Other one is homeless. Them people will destroy a John in a heartbeat. We had one that tore the sink off the wall. That, or take a bath in your sink.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    See what you got to look forward to?

It should never be government mandated but it's good customer relations if you expect them to wait for an hour or more for service to have a place to relieve themselves.

Now, if we old farts can make an enlarged prostrate an ADA issue, we'll [ahem] have the world by the balls, so to speak.

I drink lots of Dr Pepper and the caffeine definitely stimulates my bladder. I just see it as an issue customers solve with their money, and where they spend it.

But customer service is low on the list for many when they choose where to spend these days. Society seems to have made the choice.

I think we might have been in somewhat of an agreement on this, but maybe from different standpoints.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Used to be that folks, either through age or infirmity, needing to suddenly and urgently perform a necessary function of every animal on the planet, were treated with thoughtful consideration when there were facilities on the premises.

AHHH ................Spoken with wisdom! I spent many years in people/customer oriented service and would NEVER have told a good customer who honestly stated that he had an embarrassing emergency to go run down the block. I would have found a way to help him/her and if it doing that got me into trouble....well, so what?

Flash

Last edited:

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    AHHH ................Spoken with wisdom! I spent many years in people/customer oriented service and would NEVER have told a good customer who honestly stated that he had an embarrassing emergency to go run down the block. I would have found a way to help him/her and if it doing that got me into trouble....well, so what?

Flash

Had a comedian sum it up pretty well. Everything today comes down to -
    "I'm very sorry"
    "I understand"
    "There is nothing I can do"

We don't empower employees to think and punish them when they do. There can be no exceptions and no application of common sense because corporate policy doesn't allow it.

Top Bottom