• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Well yeah, I know that having more than 10K in cash on you at one time is probable cause for "suspicious activities",

"Suspicious activities" isn't a crime, so it would be impossible for PC to exist for that. PC by definition means an officer believes there is evidence a crime probably happened. PC must exist for an arrest to be made or property to be seized.

I think you mean to say having $10,000 is cause for Reasonable Articulable Suspicion. A cop can detain for a "Reasonable" amount of time if he has RAS, but can not make an arrest or seize property based on RAS alone.
    Capitol Armory ad

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    "Suspicious activities" isn't a crime, so it would be impossible for PC to exist for that. PC by definition means an officer believes there is evidence a crime probably happened. PC must exist for an arrest to be made or property to be seized.

I think you mean to say having $10,000 is cause for Reasonable Articulable Suspicion. A cop can detain for a "Reasonable" amount of time if he has RAS, but can not make an arrest or seize property based on RAS alone.

^^^ What he said

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    I have seen them take over 200 firearms from an individual that wasn't home. Back in Illinois, shortly before I moved here. He went to visit his family, I think it Ca. While he was gone the police went to his home and literally tossed the guns without cases into the back of a police van. They were all just piled up in there. The reason well someone in the area said he had guns and since the city had a crime problem the "police" worried someone might break in and take them. Sure did, the police did without warrent. Then they claimed he had and illegal weapon. Now I heard two stories on what it was, it was either a LAW tube from Vietnam days or a dummy grenade. Folks both of those are entirely legal to have but it gave them a reason, without warent to do this. I don't know the final outcome, I do know a year later he still had the charges but never was in jail. Look at Katrina, the police came and took the firearms and you coudon't even protect your own property. I believe here in Texas after that fiasco a law was passed that allowed us to keep ours. As our country declines and Illinois is a perfect example more and more of this will take place as more and more liberals take over goverment.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I have seen them take over 200 firearms from an individual that wasn't home. Back in Illinois, shortly before I moved here. He went to visit his family, I think it Ca. While he was gone the police went to his home and literally tossed the guns without cases into the back of a police van. They were all just piled up in there. The reason well someone in the area said he had guns and since the city had a crime problem the "police" worried someone might break in and take them. Sure did, the police did without warrent. Then they claimed he had and illegal weapon. Now I heard two stories on what it was, it was either a LAW tube from Vietnam days or a dummy grenade. Folks both of those are entirely legal to have but it gave them a reason, without warent to do this. I don't know the final outcome, I do know a year later he still had the charges but never was in jail. Look at Katrina, the police came and took the firearms and you coudon't even protect your own property. I believe here in Texas after that fiasco a law was passed that allowed us to keep ours. As our country declines and Illinois is a perfect example more and more of this will take place as more and more liberals take over goverment.

^^ That sucks. That sounds like something an anti gunner would do. Steal someones guns just because of the minute possibility that someone could break into the house and steal the guns. Ha! Well what do you know...they were right!

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    ^^ That sucks. That sounds like something an anti gunner would do. Steal someones guns just because of the minute possibility that someone could break into the house and steal the guns. Ha! Well what do you know...they were right!

Shit like that happend in CA more than a few times. I remember years back some older guy got thrown in jail for reloading ammo in his garage. Neighbors called the cops and when the Gestapo showed up the news reported he had thousands of rounds of ammunition and explosives and an arsenal of guns. They also said he was mentally unstable... Typical news bs. I think they got him on not having the guns locked up or something, never herd the outcome. The news doesnt report the after math, thats not exciting.

Top Bottom