Weekend Purchases.....

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
Went down to the local funshop Friday after work with a trade in hand with every intention of coming out with a new Kimber Custom II. Well, indeed I did and here she is with the Sarge's Grips I bought from a fellow member:

guns044.jpg

Then I stopped back in the next morning with the intentions of picking up a vertical foregrip and some 30 rounders for the mini-14 and maybe even a new sight. Well that didn't happen. I ended up walking out with this:

guns048.jpg

It's a 1984 manufacture Ruger Mark II Target with a polished stainless frame with a deep blue upper. I wish my pictures were better. I just happened to be in the store when a fellow came in looking to sell it on consignment with the shop and managed to save him a consignment fee.

All in all a pretty good weekend I must say.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
Very nice. I looked for quite a while for a Mark II, as for some reason I'm not found of the Mark III. And I'm a fan of the packerized finish. The Kimber really looks good with those grips. Enjoy!

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
I think I've decided it was the mag release that I don't like on the Mark III and the 22/45. I'm not sure, but I've been hunting a Mark II for a while myself, and was quite excited to come across this one. I was having a hard time maintaining a poker face as I pretty much wanted to blurt out that I wanted the gun no matter the price. This thing is easily 98% or better. Like I said I just wish my mediocre camera skills did it justice. I've got to get rid of those pachys though. I hate those grips.

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
Man some guys have all the luck.
Nice looking looking pistols.
Thanks, after a bit of a dry spell of not finding anything that interested me, I was glad to have a little luck come my way. I mean I even sold a SIG in the dry spell and couldn't find anything I had to have to replace it.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Feb 17, 2009
Rockport
Very nice indeed.

I have not yet shot a Kimber and I'm kinda afraid to as it will cost a pretty penny if I like it...

Okierifleman

Mar 14, 2009
Houston
I love my Custom II, just put a set of the prettiest quilted maple grips on it that I have ever seen. Probably 5K through it now and never misses a beat. It is the most accurate of my Kimbers too. \m/

Starker

Mar 11, 2009
The High Ground of Texas
Very nice juwaba!

Top Bottom