Weekend Purchases.....

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by juwaba98, Jun 15, 2009.

1. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Went down to the local funshop Friday after work with a trade in hand with every intention of coming out with a new Kimber Custom II. Well, indeed I did and here she is with the Sarge's Grips I bought from a fellow member:

[​IMG]

Then I stopped back in the next morning with the intentions of picking up a vertical foregrip and some 30 rounders for the mini-14 and maybe even a new sight. Well that didn't happen. I ended up walking out with this:

[​IMG]

It's a 1984 manufacture Ruger Mark II Target with a polished stainless frame with a deep blue upper. I wish my pictures were better. I just happened to be in the store when a fellow came in looking to sell it on consignment with the shop and managed to save him a consignment fee.

All in all a pretty good weekend I must say.

2. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Very nice. I looked for quite a while for a Mark II, as for some reason I'm not found of the Mark III. And I'm a fan of the packerized finish. The Kimber really looks good with those grips. Enjoy!

3. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Man some guys have all the luck.
    Nice looking looking pistols.

4. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I think I've decided it was the mag release that I don't like on the Mark III and the 22/45. I'm not sure, but I've been hunting a Mark II for a while myself, and was quite excited to come across this one. I was having a hard time maintaining a poker face as I pretty much wanted to blurt out that I wanted the gun no matter the price. This thing is easily 98% or better. Like I said I just wish my mediocre camera skills did it justice. I've got to get rid of those pachys though. I hate those grips.

5. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Thanks, after a bit of a dry spell of not finding anything that interested me, I was glad to have a little luck come my way. I mean I even sold a SIG in the dry spell and couldn't find anything I had to have to replace it.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Very nice.

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Very nice indeed.

I have not yet shot a Kimber and I'm kinda afraid to as it will cost a pretty penny if I like it... :rofl:

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Kimber could change it's name to Buttah!

9. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I love my Custom II, just put a set of the prettiest quilted maple grips on it that I have ever seen. Probably 5K through it now and never misses a beat. It is the most accurate of my Kimbers too. \m/

10. Starker

Starker Active Member

Very nice juwaba!