• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    So I got the job and I start tomorrow bright an early at 6 am ( I'll have to be at the rig at around 5:30) I don't have any idea what I'm going to be doing but I'll report back after I get off. I expect to be worn out. LOL.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Very cool. I've been working in the Midland area for a little over 4 years now. I'm not on rigs but I do all of the legal work to get them set up (most of it anyway) and spend time on rigs where I own an interest in the well being created. You're going to love the work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Good luck at your job and good luck at not getting stir crazy in the Permian basin.

I lived out in FtStockton for a while. Worked at the prison. The locals were amazed at the stores of trees that would grow over the road. Cut to make a kinda tunnel.(Lions park Temple Tx.) My family is from the area. I was born in ElPaso.

I have never wished for rain so much in my life. Jackrabbits big enough to car jack you. Rattlesnakes as common as crickets, but all year long. Winter so damn cold, your bones would scream.

Don't get me wrong...I loved every minute. But I also loved leaving. Can't take central Texas out of a Central Texan. Give me rain, trees, and a lake.

458Lott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Midland, Texas
    Very cool. I've been working in the Midland area for a little over 4 years now. I'm not on rigs but I do all of the legal work to get them set up (most of it anyway) and spend time on rigs where I own an interest in the well being created. You're going to love the work.

Greetings from one Landman to another. Seems like I will be Permian Basin bound in 2-3 weeks myself.

OP... Good Luck on the job bud!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah centex has a lot more trees. LOL. I did get to spend some time on a Roger when I got here (unofficially of course) and I got to watch them do what they do. Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Oh. I forgot to add that at least the water works in the trailer again, had to bypass the hot water heater but there's a toilet again. Fridge is working now to so far we're getting going pretty good LOL.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Greetings from one Landman to another. Seems like I will be Permian Basin bound in 2-3 weeks myself.

OP... Good Luck on the job bud!

Greetings! It's not often you run into another Landman outside of the courthouse or boring AAPL class (at least anyone who will admit they're a Landman anyway LOL).

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Oh. I forgot to add that at least the water works in the trailer again, had to bypass the hot water heater but there's a toilet again. Fridge is working now to so far we're getting going pretty good LOL.

Any idea where you'll be parking your trailer? Slips are far and few in between out there right now. I'm parked out at Gardendale north of Midland/Odessa. There are one or two slips open out there right now that I know of.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    My friend had it parked at this place kinda off 191 in Midland. Pretty time friendly to just about 5 or 10 minutes from the rig for both of us. He's been out here a while so I got lucky and pretty much got the run down of what to expect. As for stir crazy. LOL a little is an understatement, the only time I've been ready to start early. LOL.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Oh God....west Texas water. Tasted like unsugered Gatorade. All your minerals with one swallow. A spoon will almost stand up in it.

Stalagmite hanging off the kitchen faucet. Water heaters with a one year life expectancy. The only way you could use the ground water was in ice cubes....in really strong tea.

AHHHHHH...I loved the swamp coolers though!!!

Hell, you can make a house out of the dirt. It rings like concrete after being bricked.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Oh God....west Texas water. Tasted like unsugered Gatorade. All your minerals with one swallow. A spoon will almost stand up in it.

Stalagmite hanging off the kitchen faucet. Water heaters with a one year life expectancy. The only way you could use the ground water was in ice cubes....in really strong tea.

AHHHHHH...I loved the swamp coolers though!!!

Hell, you can make a house out of the dirt. It rings like concrete after being bricked.

Best water in the world. Right straight out of the ogallala.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Did I mention that o got a horrible sunburn just driving out here! LOL. Espy thanks for the advice, that is my plan. I plan on staying way the hell away from rig politics and get my work done. I hope that's possible. LOL.

Top Bottom