• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Just seems like an awfully strange coincidence.

Of course if they were threads about Jeremy Alcede and Tactical Firearms out of Katy Texas I could understand.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was under the impression that the blog was a regular shooting blog with lots of readers...

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Wasn't there a thread on here about a month or so ago attacking the same range that was found to have been started by some bat shit crazy, illegal daycare owner whose husband was currently facing felony charges for an offense he committed there?

No I'm pretty sure you're thinking of another range, A Place To Shoot if I remember correctly though I could be wrong. Also I haven't been to Bullethole though I keep getting told by multiple people that if you do go renting a private bay is the way to go because you won't feel safe on the public line. However I am a skeptic and like to find things out for myself, was also told that Bracken was a horrible range but although they're not perfect it's suited me fine every time I've gone there and the owners didn't come off as the a-holes they were made out to be IMHO. As for there only being one guy behind the counter that'll happen from time to time as people quit or call in and family emergencies, sicknesses, and car troubles are a fact of life, I can understand frustration but it's not the one guy's fault who's trying to help everyone in the order they arrived. Also agree this gentleman paid for two hours of range time, spent an hour of it before the other people showed then spent the remaining hour with them, he knew the time limit and should have waited for the entire group to show before starting his time. Like I said I've never been to the range in question but I've heard good things about the owners and employees and have dealt with customers who think they're entitled to something because of their mistake. That's my take on this.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Never said it was. I was just linking the thread since you said it was a different range being talked about. Purely a neutral move.

Sent from my toolbox

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Never said it was. I was just linking the thread since you said it was a different range being talked about. Purely a neutral move.

Sent from my toolbox

Wasn't accusing you, also that is a different thread than he was talking about. Tried looking for it but hard to search on my phone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We as a shooting community have to stop slinging mud on each other.

I am in no way affiliated with the range, I just like it and hate seeing a Second Amendment supporting business lose money cause some kid who has a blog and had a bad day.

Really? Sorry, but they are losing my money because they treated me poorly as a customer on several occasions. I don't care if they are a firearms-related business or not, they still have to compete.

Based on that logic, we should all be paying outrageous prices for ammo and shop at Texas Thunder just because they are gun businesses.

Sorry, I'm just not that blind...

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Really? Sorry, but they are losing my money because they treated me poorly as a customer on several occasions. I don't care if they are a firearms-related business or not, they still have to compete.

Based on that logic, we should all be paying outrageous prices for ammo and shop at Texas Thunder just because they are gun businesses.

Sorry, I'm just not that blind...

Or buying $120 Pmags from CTD.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    "No" folks in line when he goes back to get more time? Well, I don't make it out to the bullethole very often since they're so far away, but I've NEVER seen an empty office in there for more than 5-10 minutes - they ARE usually VERY busy. And heaven forbid the guy had to WAIT HIS TURN behind some schlub that was there before he was, and maybe there was only one guy because the other didn't show up that day. As to doing one thing at a time, I don't expect someone doing a sale to leave a gun in another customers' hands to wait on me - good way to lose a gun.

Way too much "I'm important" in that whining article....gimme a link to it, I'd LOVE to have my say back to the author! And for the record - the Bulleehole has been owned by the same folks since the day it opened.

The guy that walked in to buy the gun walked passed the line according to the article author.

I personally, having worked at a range for years, can see how he had this experience.

From the contrary, if you know it's going to be that busy, and you have 20+ people waiting to get on the range, it would be expected that experienced range owners would properly staff the range office.

Another question I have is did he call the range beforehand to let them know that 20 people were just going to be there all at once? That's a lot of people to process for any range, especially for newbies and first timers to the range (waivers, safety brief, etc.)

Generally I find that issues like this are two-sided failures.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The guy that walked in to buy the gun walked passed the line according to the article author.

I personally, having worked at a range for years, can see how he had this experience.

From the contrary, if you know it's going to be that busy, and you have 20+ people waiting to get on the range, it would be expected that experienced range owners would properly staff the range office.

Another question I have is did he call the range beforehand to let them know that 20 people were just going to be there all at once? That's a lot of people to process for any range, especially for newbies and first timers to the range (waivers, safety brief, etc.)

Generally I find that issues like this are two-sided failures.

I think it said he only had 5 in his group.

Top Bottom