• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't think i need to say any more on this. just watch the video.

AlamoAnne, looking forward to your response.

DK Firearms

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i think the guy that did the video would have more credibility had he been honest about without having to over exaggerate some things

for instance.....the woman has other job functions - it is not her job to simply take basketball goals - thats ridiculous - she's simply enforcing a law or code that she's been entrusted to enforce

personally -if i lived in a cul de sac - i wouldnt really care for having my street turned into a basketball court - and having a basketball goal where he does trashes up the neighborhood - just my opinion

having said all that - i think the state officials handled this really poorly......EXTREMELY poorly

what we dont know however, is what steps the city took in advance of this to get the family to comply with prior warnings - if any

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    thats why if we get a NON-KID friendly neighbor, we run em out!! cause im pretty sure the ONLY homeowners WHINING about those basketball hoops probably dont have any kids left at home in that neighborhood!! but who really knows what went down there and how many warnings were given to rectify/remedy the so-called problem.....

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i have two boys - they're grown now - and we had a hoop

but we had it in our drive way

putting a basketball hoop in your yard at the edge of the street is ridiculous - regardless of how many kids you have/dont have

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't understand how they are allowed to "steal" his pole! Take it down if it's in violation but not "steal" it. Even though it is on the right of way it's probably technically on the homeowner's property. Something tells me there would be a much bigger shitstorm if that was tried in Texas, especially in a suburban or rural area. And like just jk said, we don't know what measures were taken by the city before this took place. If the city had sent some kind certified letter at some point indicating the pole was in violation of some ordinance and would be removed by the city if the homeowner didn't respond or remove the pole, then the homeowner would have to take some resposibility for this action. Seemed like there could have been a much better way to handle the situation, both by the city and the homeowner. It did make the "authorities" look pretty bad.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    yeah i thought driving off with the hoop was stupid and difficult to defend or explain - i dont get it

maybe they took it as leverage for any fines the residents owed because of code violations......"you want your hoop? come get it when you pay your fine"

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    And people wonder why anyone goes "postal" or resorts to physical attacks. It's obviously not the right thing to do, but it's something we should all consider in how we conduct ourselves with others, especially through our respective professions. If you're going to be an A-hole to other people, you should do so knowing full well that there is that one person out there you will push over the edge that is willing to take you down a notch.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i agree on the driveway thing. car goes into garage, hoop goes over driveway or above garage right? anyway, what burns me up is the manner in which this was done. i mean, if you are going to take the thing away, don't tell me you are going to leave it next to the driveway and then once it is chained to the truck just take it anyway...

and don't tell me to get out of my own yard either. i think the folks do seem a bit goofy, and that makes me wonder what the rest of the story is, but geeze. there are a couple serious powertrips going on in this video.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Municipalities have bigger fish to fry. Who gives a damn about a basket ball goal. I have one in my drivway. Never use it anymore either.
    The cities and LE officials should focus their attention on crime. Crime that burdens us all.
    I dont think those actions benefited anyone.
    Is there less crime on the streets now?
    OH, that woman was a lying POS.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Would be nice to know what transpired up to this point. The city did a piss poor job on how it was handled---even if letters or what ever had been sent proir. That said, according to the city of Corpus Christi, the area from the sidewalk to the street is technicaly city property even though they won't mow or maintain it. I wouldn't want a permanently attached pole on my street in the city where kids have to play in the street. The gal did out and out lie to the homeowner if I heard her right. If it had been me I would have pulled it myself and laid it in the driveway or yard.

Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    What part of PRIVATE property do these commies not understand??
    Yeah, yeah, yeah- the LEOs were just enforcing the law- I know the arguments- but since they were spending all that taxpayer money for the convoy of public construction vehicles to remove the dangerous poles (OMG! The very thought of encountering one of those poles is the subject of countless nightmares across this nation!!) , etc.. the state trooper- why not throw in a police negotiator rather than resort to implied threats ie 'she will not be climbing' the pole and demanding the property owners who clearly were not presenting frking potentially hostile movements or threats in this situation to "go into the house"
    I'm generally a Back the Badger but this IMO was ridiculously off the chart, uncalled for behavior.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Janet Napalitano was behind this. (Sarcasm- you get my point)
    Welcome to The Police State.
    BTW, The Police State Sux.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    What part of PRIVATE property do these commies not understand??
    Yeah, yeah, yeah- the LEOs were just enforcing the law- I know the arguments- but since they were spending all that taxpayer money for the convoy of public construction vehicles to remove the dangerous poles (OMG! The very thought of encountering one of those poles is the subject of countless nightmares across this nation!!) , etc.. the state trooper- why not throw in a police negotiator rather than resort to implied threats ie 'she will not be climbing' the pole and demanding the property owners who clearly were not presenting frking potentially hostile movements or threats in this situation to "go into the house"
    I'm generally a Back the Badger but this IMO was ridiculously off the chart, uncalled for behavior.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Janet Napalitano was behind this. (Sarcasm- you get my point)
    Welcome to The Police State.
    BTW, The Police State Sux.
    Yep, what she said.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    i love it when people use commies to describe municipal governments!
    Cause most of them act like that. You should see some of the crap that they try pulling around here.
    I have another shop in town, for my race cars. Nothing but auto related shop on the whole block. Some libtard with the city left me a note in the box saying I had to remove a 69 camaro body from my parking lot. " Called them up and told them not to step foot on my property again and how I will only remove the mail box"! The idiot said they would town the vehicle away and have it crushed. I explained how they really dont want to try stealing my car if im there and hung up. All I did was a 1/2 chain around the frame and linked it to the telephone pole beside my shop. Placed a trespassers will shot sign on the car and shoe polished a middle finger on the windshield.
    That shop is commercial property and in a industrial zone. They can go screw themselves. We got lowrider crap parked in front yards all over town but they want to worry about the auto shops.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Complete bullshit.

It was probably dumb originally to put it there because in many cases the strip of land between the sidewalk and the street is not the property owners.
    That being said:
    1) The officer flat out lied "They can lay it in your driveway"...yeah.
    2) The Pole has supposedly been there for 60 years (and is well maintained) why is it suddenly a problem?
    3) The pole probably pre-dates the neighbors meaning they can't bought their houses with the full knowledge that the pole was there and would likely remain.
    4) **** Delaware and the Delaware DOT.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Cause most of them act like that. You should see some of the crap that they try pulling around here.
    I have another shop in town, for my race cars. Nothing but auto related shop on the whole block. Some libtard with the city left me a note in the box saying I had to remove a 69 camaro body from my parking lot. " Called them up and told them not to step foot on my property again and how I will only remove the mail box"! The idiot said they would town the vehicle away and have it crushed. I explained how they really dont want to try stealing my car if im there and hung up. All I did was a 1/2 chain around the frame and linked it to the telephone pole beside my shop. Placed a trespassers will shot sign on the car and shoe polished a middle finger on the windshield.
    That shop is commercial property and in a industrial zone. They can go screw themselves. We got lowrider crap parked in front yards all over town but they want to worry about the auto shops.

sorry, but this is not communism

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    The Pole has supposedly been there for 60 years (and is well maintained) why is it suddenly a problem?
    Yeah. We don't know enough about the situation to determine if that is indeed true or not. But if it is, then I can't see anyone having a legitimate problem with it, since it's presence would automatically predate anyone who got a house there since 1951 (sixty years, precisely).
    Whatever.
    Regardless if it was there sixty years, six hundred years, or six hours, it wasn't really dealt with professionally.
    And what crappy agency or department was that lady that lied supposed to be representing? She was wearing a freakin' hoodie!
    I see people shopping at WalMart dressed more professionally than her.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom