O_RLY.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Just sitting here laughing, waiting for the "And just how would you know what a sixty year old pole looks like?" innuendo to begin.
    Sorry, just jk. Couldn't resist.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A cop standing there telling people they don't have the right to stand on their own property? They don't have the right to talk to anyone - from their own property?

F*ing Nazi.

I understand that the pole may not meet the code, but the property owner is allowed due process to present his case and CERTAINLY should be allowed to keep his pole. "Disorderly Conduct" for climbing the pole? But it's OK if she burns the American flag in protest, right officer?

But this crap goes on every day. You put in layers upon layers of government and you will get "Good Germans" like that blond Nazi in the video that will trample on anyone and everyone to make sure the rules are OBEYED!

Tell me again why Texas needs to be attached to the country being destroyed by these Yankees?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    A cop standing there telling people they don't have the right to stand on their own property? They don't have the right to talk to anyone - from their own property?

F*ing Nazi.

I understand that the pole may not meet the code, but the property owner is allowed due process to present his case and CERTAINLY should be allowed to keep his pole. "Disorderly Conduct" for climbing the pole? But it's OK if she burns the American flag in protest, right officer?

But this crap goes on every day. You put in layers upon layers of government and you will get "Good Germans" like that blond Nazi in the video that will trample on anyone and everyone to make sure the rules are OBEYED!

Tell me again why Texas needs to be attached to the country being destroyed by these Yankees?
    I agree with you for the most part except for the yankee business. Till you can show me 100% conservitive politics in Texas, were no different then.
    Too damn many liberal in Texas politics to attempt what your wanting. " Talkin about Natzi Dictatorship", just go ahead and seceed.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Very strange video... I absolutely hate it when people play in the street. Still, the way they handled that situation is ridiculous. I can't believe that one lady knowingly lied on camera to the owner saying they'd lay it in his driveway and then just denied she said that. Unreal...

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What part of PRIVATE property do these commies not understand??
    Yeah, yeah, yeah- the LEOs were just enforcing the law- I know the arguments- but since they were spending all that taxpayer money for the convoy of public construction vehicles to remove the dangerous poles (OMG! The very thought of encountering one of those poles is the subject of countless nightmares across this nation!!) , etc.. the state trooper- why not throw in a police negotiator rather than resort to implied threats ie 'she will not be climbing' the pole and demanding the property owners who clearly were not presenting frking potentially hostile movements or threats in this situation to "go into the house"
    I'm generally a Back the Badger but this IMO was ridiculously off the chart, uncalled for behavior.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Janet Napalitano was behind this. (Sarcasm- you get my point)
    Welcome to The Police State.
    BTW, The Police State Sux.

DELIVERED.

its to damn bad im getting married in short while :(

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Easy fix! I have a portable basketball goal. I would let the city take the pole, smile and wave to them good by. After they left I would have rolled the goal out of the garage, set it up in the same place, then invited all the neighborhood kids to play. If the city came back? Simple, just roll it back into my garage. I doubt if it is against the law for kids to walk, run, or be on a cul-de-sac. If a close neighbor complained, I would go over and ask them if there would be a time of day that they wouldn't mind the kids playing out there. If the neighbor was just an ass, then I would keep it in my drive and have the all the kids in the neighborhood over on a regular basis! Not at night of course! Now if it wasn't a cul-de-sac, then I would keep it in the drive. Too dangerous for the kids to play on a regular street.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've stated this repeatedly so there is no point in repeating it. No one comes IN my house without my permission. Period. No exceptions. I don't need to say what my reaction will be.....you already know that. I'm afraid that the same reaction would NOT extend to a basketball goal. I gotta pick my fights. There is no point in becoming like Don Quixote going around charging windmills. I will move somewhere else and have done so several times over regulations I couldn't live with.

Flash

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    No hoa here. You try to remove anything within my property line without a warrant there's gonna be major issues.

Top Bottom