Went on am ammo run...

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by hoytinak, Apr 30, 2009.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Went on an ammo run...

I have been seeing all the advice about stock piling ammo and it got me to thinking. So, yesterday I decided to make an AMMO RUN.

I went to every place with in a couple of hours drive and bought all the .22lr, 9mm, .45ACP and .357 Magnum I could find. I did not find as much as I wanted, but it will suffice.

I ended up with 3000 .22lr, 1200 9mm, 800 .45ACP and 400 .357, all different types. It was kind of funny, As I was checking out at Bass Pro Shops, of all places, I had grabbed the last of their .22lr bulk, There was a guy in there with his kid looking for some so they could go shooting today, and all I could think is, damn…I am sure glad I got there before them!

While I was at a small gun shop I noticed they had a used G17 in the case. The price was good so I picked it up. I also grabbed a few large ammo cans and stopped by the hardware store and got some silicone.

When I got home I spent a couple of hours packing all my ammo and new to me G17 in the ammo cans. I waited till dark, cause all the best things happen after dark, went in the backyard found a suitable place to make my cache and marked it with my gps….Hey you never know when you might have to come back to it and what all could have changed. Then proceeded to dig a 3 feet deep whole to fit my investment.

Now I sit here wanting to thank all of you for talking me into getting this ammo before we caused the prices of this stuff to go beyond what I could afford. Am glad I picked up that .22lr before the kid wasted it on just plinking. I am now satisfied that I am prepared for when the SHTF.

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    LOL.........

3. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Spent all that money on ammo and a gun just to bury it LOL. That's funny.

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  5. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    lol

6. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hhahahaha... but what happens if your GPS doesn't work.

Honestly, when the SHTF do you think you'll be able to access the satellites that run your GPS? You'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

7. XDMAR

XDMAR Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    Yep, learn the concept of pace count.

8. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    :rofl:

9. accordingtoome

accordingtoome Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    you could have saved a lot of $$ if you had just backordered it online. sure you have to wait a week or two but its worth it.

10. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    That doesn't make as good of a story.