• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardnorton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Trent, TX
    Ok I just discovered this forum, and while not trying to plant a flag and claim it as my own I guess I will say hi and do a short intro. I am not new to Texas, but after retiring from the US Army (helicopter pilot) I saw that Ft Worth was not the same town I grew up in and hell even has lost it's identification, when I grew up if you used terms like "the metroplex" or "Dallas/Ft Worth" you would get a quick ticket to the ground, you might get off better if you called another man's mother a nasty name. Besides too many people and too much traffic, and I don't really like people, land cannot be had in the area for even a fortune. So Abilene didn't look so bad and I got a job out here and we found and bought some land, and built a home. Now I can shoot off my back porch, even my Barrett .50 BMG. So we settled here and my wife who is from Baltimore fell in love with the area.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I did a double take too.
    Welcome to the forum.

You know that "West Texas" guy actually called me after that whole fiasco and left me a threatening voicemail? Turns out he was a minister, of all things! ;) No joke. Amazing the amount of emotions the interwebz can stir.

Glad to have you here Richard! :-)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You know that "West Texas" guy actually called me after that whole fiasco and left me a threatening voicemail? Turns out he was a minister, of all things! ;) No joke. Amazing the amount of emotions the interwebz can stir.

lmfao over here.

and welcome mr norton.

rnorton.jpg

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

That'd explain some of the followers... Those were some lively times.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That'd explain some of the followers... Those were some lively times.

lol he had followers?

i bought him and his wife lunch one time. seemed like ok folks to me. *shrug*

on the boards there were some reeeallly interesting threads for sure though. but now we have MRRedneck, so i guess it evens out...

dont remember any followers though.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio

We had a beer at Bass Pro when he came to SA for something. He told me he was a retired US Marshall. Told someone else on this board that might be able to actually check it that he volunteered with the Marshall's office.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Welcome back to Texas, thank you for your military service. Can even shoot your big .50 on your property ? Great, I am in Comanche County and could do likewise out back if I had a Barrett .50....Abilene is a great place and I usually stop at Potosi for a beer, (wife drives) I cracked up the lady at the register when I asked if anybody ever got their tongue twisted and called that place Pelosi ?....

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

He's a really good guy, but that was an ugly incident.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us! :)

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

HaHa!! Me too, and several emails.
    He doenst live but a 120 miles from me. He wanted to meet me half way and damned if I didnt wait on his ass all morning long!!!! No show!
    I guess it wasnt as good of a day to die like he said it was...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom