• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardnorton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Trent, TX
    Ok I just discovered this forum, and while not trying to plant a flag and claim it as my own I guess I will say hi and do a short intro. I am not new to Texas, but after retiring from the US Army (helicopter pilot) I saw that Ft Worth was not the same town I grew up in and hell even has lost it's identification, when I grew up if you used terms like "the metroplex" or "Dallas/Ft Worth" you would get a quick ticket to the ground, you might get off better if you called another man's mother a nasty name. Besides too many people and too much traffic, and I don't really like people, land cannot be had in the area for even a fortune. So Abilene didn't look so bad and I got a job out here and we found and bought some land, and built a home. Now I can shoot off my back porch, even my Barrett .50 BMG. So we settled here and my wife who is from Baltimore fell in love with the area.
    Guns International

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I did a double take too.
    Welcome to the forum.

You know that "West Texas" guy actually called me after that whole fiasco and left me a threatening voicemail? Turns out he was a minister, of all things! ;) No joke. Amazing the amount of emotions the interwebz can stir.

Glad to have you here Richard! :-)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You know that "West Texas" guy actually called me after that whole fiasco and left me a threatening voicemail? Turns out he was a minister, of all things! ;) No joke. Amazing the amount of emotions the interwebz can stir.

lmfao over here.

and welcome mr norton.

rnorton.jpg

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

That'd explain some of the followers... Those were some lively times.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That'd explain some of the followers... Those were some lively times.

lol he had followers?

i bought him and his wife lunch one time. seemed like ok folks to me. *shrug*

on the boards there were some reeeallly interesting threads for sure though. but now we have MRRedneck, so i guess it evens out...

dont remember any followers though.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio

We had a beer at Bass Pro when he came to SA for something. He told me he was a retired US Marshall. Told someone else on this board that might be able to actually check it that he volunteered with the Marshall's office.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Welcome back to Texas, thank you for your military service. Can even shoot your big .50 on your property ? Great, I am in Comanche County and could do likewise out back if I had a Barrett .50....Abilene is a great place and I usually stop at Potosi for a beer, (wife drives) I cracked up the lady at the register when I asked if anybody ever got their tongue twisted and called that place Pelosi ?....

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

He's a really good guy, but that was an ugly incident.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us! :)

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

HaHa!! Me too, and several emails.
    He doenst live but a 120 miles from me. He wanted to meet me half way and damned if I didnt wait on his ass all morning long!!!! No show!
    I guess it wasnt as good of a day to die like he said it was...

Top Bottom