• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I dont dare take my truck to WM for oil change..... its been over 15 yrs since I last took a vehicle.... they are too slow.... they just waste my time.... I prefer to change the oil myself...... I get the satisfaction of a job well done in a timely manner....
    They must put the oil filter on with an impact driver. The last time I had to remove my filter with a screwdriver driven thru the filter. It's finger tight! What is so hard about that? I can go on and on. I am grateful I have a good jiffy lube on the corner and taking it in for service is easy but I have had them forget oil fill caps and dip sticks and them act stupid when I bring it back 10 minutes later!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    They must put the oil filter on with an impact driver. The last time I had to remove my filter with a screwdriver driven thru the filter. It's finger tight!
    Wouldn't be surprised if they don't know to oil the new filters gasket.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    took a Pontiac Fiero in there. Had a good laugh for, no joke, 20 min while they tried to find my engine.

Sometimes I take my car to wal mart for oil changes and when they tell me there is no engine in my car, I yell at them for losing it for a good half hour till I get banned from the location. I now drive to Austin every time I need to go to Wal Mart.

FlintstonesCar.jpg

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I used to change my own oil, but figured that the cost of doing it at a shop I trust was worth the 'not a pain in the ass' premium.

Just did the fuel filter today on my Crown Vic. It had sat up a while and cranked but wouldn't start. No pressure at the valve on the fuel manifold, so I figured I'd try the easy fix first (probably needed a new one anyway). Had to make the trip twice to Advance Auto because they gave me the wrong retainer clips, and for some reason Ford doesn't include them with their OEM filter. Oh, wait, I know the reason - the stealership wants $7 per clip. Fortunately, I was was able to find the right ones at at the store where seven bucks got me a package of eight.

Still no fuel pressure, so that wasn't the fix. I know my limitations, so at that point I figured I'd cut my losses and have it towed to the shop. :ohnoes:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They must put the oil filter on with an impact driver. The last time I had to remove my filter with a screwdriver driven thru the filter. It's finger tight! What is so hard about that? I can go on and on. I am grateful I have a good jiffy lube on the corner and taking it in for service is easy but I have had them forget oil fill caps and dip sticks and them act stupid when I bring it back 10 minutes later!

Every quickie lube place over-tightens the filter... If they bother to change it. With the new cars and their cartridge filters, I'm seeing a lot more Spiffy Lubes and the like skip replacing the filter. If they bother, they replace it with a cheap-ass filter that's as likely to fall apart as not, and even if it doesn't, they never change the goddamn o-ring on the cover, so after three or four oil changes there's a big oil leak because Spiffy Lube employees are too stupid and lazy to do a job right.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Jiffy Lube recently got caught once again stiffing some folks on an oil change.

Automotive mechanics are IMO a job field that has to have the trust of your customers EARNED. Most people arent' going to even begin to know what to look for to see what was done so it's WAY TOO easy for them to simply say the work was done take your money and never actually touch the car past raising the hood and making it look like they did. And cars are reliable enough now you'd make it thousands of miles before anything bad ever happened.

cfell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Hill Country
    Yeah.. JL.. great... had oil changed before 'big trip'... left to run errands, came back.. windows cleaned.. all the 'checkpoints' done on the sheet... get home, something tells me.. 'check the work'... the oil was still dirty.. and same oil filter as it was full of old road grime. Went back immediately.. had 'conversation'.. Got $$$ back and 'free' oil change coupons.. gave the coupons to some folks who are much smarter than me...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Walmart is not the only place... Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston changed the oil in my G8. It came back 2 quarts low, as measured by the dipstick. All they had to do is use the figgin dipstick and they would have known. Oil change 101, check the dipstick when you think you are done!:banghead:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Walmart is not the only place... Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston changed the oil in my G8. It came back 2 quarts low, as measured by the dipstick. All they had to do is use the figgin dipstick and they would have known. Oil change 101, check the dipstick when you think you are done!:banghead:

i dont have others change my oil. but i have seen the ads and some say in fine print they only replace up to a certain amount. might be the case with yours?

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    My first and last oil change story from a waltard . They changed the oil, vacuumed the carpet, checked the tires. All good, and then they filled the washer reservoir with anti freeze. Dorks.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    1-800-WAL-MART
    I worked a W*M T&LE for several years, they will reimburse for repairs.

Eli

No, they won't... Had a ford ranger years ago that I took into a rip me off mart to have the oil changed, they took only 12 mins to do the the entire serviceg Supposed to check and top off all fluids as well.. So 1200 miles later the trans craps out... They send down a "independent" to check it out.. I had three separate mechanics look at it.. Results, there was an extremely slow leak, which would have been fine had all fluids been topped properly.. They didn't give me the service I paid for.. Then told me to take a hike.. I learned he hard way to stay away.. I shop Target.. I take my truck to a shop, it's not cost effective for me to change my own oil.. The end..

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    No, they won't... Had a ford ranger years ago that I took into a rip me off mart to have the oil changed, they took only 12 mins to do the the entire serviceg Supposed to check and top off all fluids as well.. So 1200 miles later the trans craps out... They send down a "independent" to check it out.. I had three separate mechanics look at it.. Results, there was an extremely slow leak, which would have been fine had all fluids been topped properly.. They didn't give me the service I paid for.. Then told me to take a hike.. I learned he hard way to stay away.. I shop Target.. I take my truck to a shop, it's not cost effective for me to change my own oil.. The end..

Thats kind of hard pressed to blame on an oil change shop. IMO

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Thats kind of hard pressed to blame on an oil change shop. IMO

Had they done their job, each mechanic I talked to said it would have made it to the next oil change just fine, it was that minor.. But since it had gone too many miles it was enough to kill it.. Just saying, I paid for a service I didn't get, and it cost me big in the end..

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Had they done their job, each mechanic I talked to said it would have made it to the next oil change just fine, it was that minor.. But since it had gone too many miles it was enough to kill it.. Just saying, I paid for a service I didn't get, and it cost me big in the end..

Understandable but oil change kids are not mechanics, I don;t think you would win the case in small claims. It essentially is your responsibility to check and maintain your vehicle IMO

BigD24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    RGV
    i have never been to walmart for an oil change. ive heard some stories. lol. thats the main reason i stay away... i take my truck to a tire shop. yes a tire shop. but ive been dealing with the guys there for over 3 years now and i know their work. they always have people getting their oil changed and all i have to do is take my own oil and i see that everything i take is being used and the filter is replaced and fluids topped off. all for $12.

Top Bottom