• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Not really playing Star Citizen yet, but climbing all over and admiring my ship...
    sc_origin300i_zpsc6bc70c3.gif

What game is that?

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.
    Lynx Defense

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Labor Day
    Auto-Knife Event!

Come on by Saturday
    11:00AM-2:00PM
    August 31, 2013 for free food and drinks and huge savings on our automatic knife selection!

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Star Citizen
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

It's still in very very early alpha stage.

Can't believe I somehow missed this...I'm usually pretty well on top of what is going on. Game looks like its going to be one of the best games to come out in awhile and its pretty cool that its entirely crowd-funded. Which ship do you have? Trying to decide which package I'm going to pledge.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Which ship do you have? Trying to decide which package I'm going to pledge.

Lol the German one. Origin Jumpworks 300i. I bought the $65 Digital Bounty Hunter package. The Constellation looks nice but damn $225 is way too much money for a game.

Whatever package you buy make sure it has what features you want. Some of the ships packages don't come with alpha or beta access.

The game isn't in a playable state right now. You can log in and climb around on your ship and look at it and explore the hangar and that's all. The dogfighting module doesn't come out until December. But like you said not bad for a crowdfunded game, they've gotten over $16million in contributions and they can make the game exactly the way they want, no greedy corporation like EA breathing down their necks.

The commercial for the 300i hooked me, lol:

Last edited:

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Lol the German one. Origin Jumpworks 300i. I bought the $65 Digital Bounty Hunter package. The Constellation looks nice but damn $225 is way too much money for a game.

Whatever package you buy make sure it has what features you want. Some of the ships packages don't come with alpha or beta access.

The game isn't in a playable state right now. You can log in and climb around on your ship and look at it and explore the hangar and that's all. The dogfighting module doesn't come out until December. But like you said not bad for a crowdfunded game, they've gotten over $16million in contributions and they can make the game exactly the way they want, no greedy corporation like EA breathing down their necks.

The commercial for the 300i hooked me, lol:

At Origin we only make one thing...the ultimate flying machine.

I'm thoroughly impressed with everything I've seen so far. Think I'm probably going the digital bounty hunter route as well

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Nothing really seems to be holding my interest these days. Halo 4 felt like more of the same and the COD Franchise has left me cold. It really has been just one repeat after another.

I liked the new X-Com game but at a certain point the AI is just flat out cheating and the developers have even admitted as much. Tried Xenonauts, which is a newer X-Com style game based on the original but it feels oddly hollow. A lot of these remakes just seem to be missing that lightning in a bottle.

I keep going back to Borderlands 2 just because it is a game that seems to remember we play games to have fun. It can be a little grindy but if I just want to show up and shoot shit it lets me.

I also like Sid Meier's Ace Patrol. That's a good little turn based game. Maybe a little too small scale but it works and has that typical Meier's addictiveness.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom