Lynx Defense

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    You casting/coating guys are more ambitious than I am. If I had more weird rounds, then maybe.

My 9mm reloads cost me less than a nickel each. .45 ACP is just over a nickel. Almost every handgun load is running me under $0.15 at the most.

A new NOE mold is paid for in the first 1000 or so bullets. That's a couple of hours.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I was just looking up loads for 45s with that mass abundance of powder I have. It's calling for between 6.5-9gr. I'm going to start at about 7 and see how it shoots until I find something that will cycle the gun and provide minimal recoil. Either way I should be at about 3-3.5 cents a pop with those guys.

That's why I cast. I powder coat because I don't want the mess of lubing and all the extra cleaning.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I was just looking up loads for 45s with that mass abundance of powder I have. It's calling for between 6.5-9gr. I'm going to start at about 7 and see how it shoots until I find something that will cycle the gun and provide minimal recoil. Either way I should be at about 3-3.5 cents a pop with those guys.

That's why I cast. I powder coat because I don't want the mess of lubing and all the extra cleaning.

What powder is that?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Use more lube. I like the Hornady One Shot lube. It dries quickly (I hate waiting) and I've never stuck a case since I've been using it the last 8 years.

Spray from every direction so it all gets covered, then wait 2 minutes before starting. I usually do 50 at a time.
    A Ziploc bag works great and keeps you from getting spray everywhere.

Spray, shake, spray again, let dry and size away.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Started loading the 2000 rounds of cleaned/sized/trimmed/primed brass I bought from an estate sale. Going to take quite some time to finish these up a little at a time.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    How many times have you fired them?

Do you anneal them every loading?

I'm not sure how many times I've fired them. Probably 6 or so. Fist time annealing them and the fist time they have been in the tumbler. I've just been wiping them down with Ballistol and reloading.

Oh and that crack was just on the shoulder. Weird.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    2ce582db17f9e8494b6a970eb78a7a20.jpg

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I finished sizing a bucket of 9mm brass today and then primed it all. Wouldn't you know, it came out to 1200 pieces exactly. That never happens. Setup the press to deprime and size 45s but then decided it's late enough already.

Top Bottom