Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Cool cockatoo. I used to raise cockatiels. Probably had 30 or so over 15 years. Most we babies from a breeder pair I had.

I'm interested in some of the zombie green if the price is right. What do you want for a half pound or a pound shipped to 78109?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    red45.jpg

I loaded up 200 of these hot little numbers. Then I dialed in the toolhead for the .327 and loaded 100 of those.

It's been a while since I setup a toolhead and I forgot how long it takes to get everything right.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Setup both 6.5x47L and 6.5 creed dies for sizing. Prepping 22 and 6 creed brass at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I looked at one of those recently that also had the 5 case prep stations attached to it. Pretty fancy. The guy wanted $300 for it but I just couldn't scrape up enough for it.

Wednesday I cleaned all my range brass. Primed 300 more 9mm and started loading. The pro1000 is set with powder, seat, crimp and I am manually loading cases in without the case feeder. I can really crank rounds out with this thing. The 380 is a LOT more finicky and had a LOT of crushed cases. Zero failures on the 9mm so far. Loaded up 650 on Wednesday, tumbled and boxed them all up Thursday, came home from work today and cranked out another 250 or so before going out to dinner. Gonna go crank out the last 250 or so I have now and then clean & box them.

I think while these rounds tumble I'm gonna setup the second p1k for 45 now and start depriming my 45 brass.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    So 10mm data with the bullet sticking out super far?

Not as far as I first thought they would but I did it completely by the book. I load on an LNL but every charge was weighed after it was thrown and measured after the bullet seated.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The 380 is a LOT more finicky and had a LOT of crushed cases.

380 is much harder to load than 9mm. The hardest part for me is putting those tiny bullets in the case so they start correctly. I've loaded around 500 rounds, but tend to not shoot it much due to the difficulty in loading.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I didn't have much trouble with that. I only had 1 where the bullet fell over when I raised the ram and dented the case.

My problem was getting the cases just a little out of the shell holder and when I'd go up to the powder die it would crush the rim. On the p1k I am doing powder at the first station and manually inserting cases so I guess maybe I didn't push them in far enough or when I let go maybe they stuck to my finger for a millisecond and pulled back out a little. Those 380s have thinner walls, too, so they seemed to crush easy.

I had several that just barely dented which I sat a bullet and ran through the factory crimp die. They still have a tiny dent in the neck but they seem to chamber just fine so I'll shoot them and see what happens.

Either way, I have a 50 can and a 30 can both mostly full of different loads. I don't think the wife will shoot that many for quite a while.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    The hardest part for me is putting those tiny bullets in the case so they start correctly.

Also, how do you think themailman feels loading up those little 32s?!?! I bet those are a bitch to handle. At least the 223s are long enough to pinch and get a good grip on.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Also, how do you think themailman feels loading up those little 32s?!?! I bet those are a bitch to handle. At least the 223s are long enough to pinch and get a good grip on.

I bought 32 dies, but after loading 380, I've never touched those dies again. I only shoot factory ammo out of my 32.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

They aren't that hard to load. The 118 and 133 gr are my two goto bullets and they are plenty long.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Got bored and mounted my trimmer to a nice piece of pine so I can clamp it to my bench. Counter sunk in some T Nuts, I really need some forstner bits for that type of stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2289.JPG
      IMG_2289.JPG
      1.1 MB · Views: 130
    • IMG_2290.JPG
      IMG_2290.JPG
      949.2 KB · Views: 153

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I WAS making a shaving catcher until I cut my finger to the bone, end the year off right I suppose.

Reactions: rp-
    Top Bottom