Patriot Mobile

What do yall think about what this guy said?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Well if they already have their firearm drawn on you, what can you do? And how would know whether it was the owner of the business or someone in there robbing the place? As far as fighting with the guy when he reaches for your firearm, who's to say he's not gonna order you from a distance to disarm yourself? As with most hypothetical scenarios there's lots of dynamic variables at play and to take into consideration. Personally in that scenerio IF I had the option to do so safely, I would simply and as quickly as possible just remove my self from the situation.

I said ill be damned if some random guys taking my gun. He would shoot me or wouldn't I'll take my chances. I never said what I would do, and the grabbing comment was just saying what M Sage said is possible, and dumb ass decided to run his mouth so I posted examples of everyday people doing it.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    I said ill be damned if some random guys taking my gun. He would shoot me or wouldn't I'll take my chances. I never said what I would do, and the grabbing comment was just saying what M Sage said is possible, and dumb ass decided to run his mouth so I posted examples of everyday people doing it.

Ok, I guess I should've used "I & me" instead of "you & your" in my reply. I was only answering your quoted question from my perspective.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You realize they teach how to disarm people right? Some of its been proven to work even...

With a knife, you're going to get cut. The only two reasons I won't call knife disarm training complete bullshit are that you can get lucky, and if someone wants to hurt you, you could minimize the damage by trying a disarm. That said, I think that they can put a big false sense of security into people. Knives are a bitch... all they have to do is touch you.

Besides, if they're coming at you and all you have is hands and no room to run, what else are you going to do.

Having actually done it, I wouldn't again. I'll run screaming like a girl away from a knife if I don't have a gun handy and if I do, I'm going to shoot the living shit out of the person holding the knife.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I never said you wouldn't get cut/shot, but it could save your life trying even if you were never taught anything. I wouldn't let someone kill me without fighting back. Yall are knit picking it putting words in my mouth like Im saying it works every single time no injuries.

Maybe its just me but Id rather get cut getting it away from them than just let them have at it and really do some damage.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom