What do you guys think about the new Ruger LCR .38 Revolver?

A_FIVE-O

Apr 6, 2009
Houston-Laredo
I miss owning a revolver and thought the new Ruger LCR would be a good "next buy". What are your thoughts on it? Has anyone shot it yet?

Link:

Ruger LCR? - Overview

wayneside

Feb 14, 2009
I was hoping someone put up some experience as I was looking at one @ Academy a few days ago...

Vellcrow

Aug 8, 2008
Pflugerville
I think they suck. I fired one with standard .38 loads, and it was too hard on the hand...and I am not a "recoil sensitive" person. A lighter gun is fine, but this one is too light. It's like the .38 round is going off directly in your hand. I would hate to fire +P out of it.

I have not found any customers that are totally happy with theirs yet.

TxSteel54

Jan 28, 2009
Northeast Texas
I havent shot a Ruger LCR but I do carry a S&W Airweight Model 642 (which is very similar) as a backup weapon when I'm on duty. For that purpose, I like mine but Vellcrow does have a point that those small guns definately pack a punch.....it's not TOO bad but the first time I shot it, I realized that you really have to have proper grip and trigger control to shoot this gun accurately.

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
I'm guessing it's the grip that makes the recoil so bad? My wife has a 38 special from Charter Arms and the recoil is surprisingly soft for such a light weapon. It has a full size grip on it, and the recoil is less than my 9mm Hi-Power. It's actually fun to shoot, but since hers is pink, I don't shoot it much.

tex45acp

Mar 13, 2008
South Central Texas
I love my Rugers......heck I have 5 of them, but that is one ugly revolver and if I were given one for free I would give it away to another or trade it on one of ruger's other fine looking revolvers. No LCR for this Ruger fan!!! Please keep in mind that this is my humble and very negative opinion!!!

dee

Well-Known
Nov 22, 2008
Red River Way
I love my Rugers......heck I have 5 of them, but that is one ugly revolver and if I were given one for free I would give it away to another or trade it on one of ruger's other fine looking revolvers. No LCR for this Ruger fan!!! Please keep in mind that this is my humble and very negative opinion!!!
I agree, to me its just a bad eyesore in the Ruger catalog.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member