what going to happen to all the AR's handguns being bought now

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by rrent, Nov 27, 2008.

1. rrent

rrent Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I was talking with a friend (also a gun guy) about the feeding frenzy that is gun sales of late.

My thought is a bunch of the guns people are buying while caught up in the current "gotta have an AR or high cap pistol" craze ---are going to come up for sale in a few months, softening the market and making for some great deals on very lightly used weapons.

His thought is the frenzy will continue for some time ---possible for the next 2 to 4 years and/or the dems will in quick fashion make it harder to get guns, ammo, parts and that will keep prices/demand high.

in the words of Bill O'Reily ----what say you?

2. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    That isn't a bad conjecture, but that's really all we can do right now is conjecture.

If BHO lets the reins go of the Brady nuts then people aren't going to be selling off all of these ARs and high caps they bought. I would submit to you that it is not a big IF at all, looking at his record in Illinois. That is ALL we have to look at of his voting record, and the things he has said that were anti-gun this very year.

It isn't fun to conjecture about this stuff. BHO is ALL myth and that is what's so scary about the guy.

3. ST5MF

ST5MF Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I'd say

Guns are a good investment right now.

We may not be able to buy any more guns with the incoming administration.

Tx might want to think about becoming a Republic once again.

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Gun prices go up fast...
    Gun prices come down slow....

5. jfrey

jfrey Active Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    ST5MF, I second the motion on the Republic. The time may actually have come for it.

6. flashguy

flashguy Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    We'd have to set up immigration checkpoints--the place would be flooded with refugees!

flashguy

7. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    True...but we might not be able to sell them either. I could see them making all private firearms sales becoming illegal, making all sales go through FFLs. :(

8. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    they tried that with alcohol and we see how that turned out :)

9. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I know I would be moving back down there. :texas:

10. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

I love threads like this to give me a chuckle and put a smile on my face. It's good to know silly is still alive and well in the world. :lolz:

So y'all really thing Texas will do an about face on firearms laws? :tongueout: