• rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Got some Chinese junk this week.

20191019-205736-3024x2268.jpg

Haven't fired it yet, hear they're decent. It's a hefty piece.

Attachments

• 20191019-205736-3024x2268.jpg
      20191019-205736-3024x2268.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 498

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I just got two more guns, I bought them at auction on the 12th of this month but only received them yesterday:

Marlin 55G Right.jpg

Marlin 55G Left.jpg

Marlin 55G not (a Marlin 55 Goose Gun), 12 gauge, bolt action shotgun with a micro adjustable choke. This gun, except for a few very small surfaces blemishes on the wood, is in otherwise like new condition. There was barely any wear on the steel magazine follower and no appreciable wear on any of the other metal surfaces although the external parts of the choke could use a good cleaning. I think it was not fired more than maybe a few times. For a gun last produced circa 1965 it is in outstanding condition. I took it to the range yesterday, merely for a test fire and fired a few rounds out if it with zero problems, it functioned flawlessly.

Sturm-Ruger Single Six Convertable (old model) {photos later} in original box with both 22LR and 22WMR cylinders (both fluted). It was described as: "as new with original box" so I took a gamble on it. There was not a picture of the second cyliner, the one in 22 WMR, on the auction site. When I examined it, I'd have to say the gun is in almost as new condition, have a few slight handling mars and a bit of what maybe is holster wear near the muzzle. Otherwise it looks almost new. Then I took the second cylinder out of the small original box from within the main box. It was inside a red cloth bag with drawstring. When I saw the second cylinder, I was not very happy and I could not believe it is the one that came with this gun after seeing the other one. This one is not in terrible shape but there are two fairly large areas of finish wear on it where the bluing is all but gone completely. I checked under the hammer and there is not a transfer bar so it appears this gun was never modified by Sturm-Ruger after its original manufacture to add a transfer bar. I am not certain but would think that adds a bit more to its value to a collector. I did not take the Single Six Convertible to the range as I want to give it a good cleaning before I do so. Regardless of the less than "as new condition" of the 22 WMR cylinder, I think I still got a fairly good deal on it.

I have two ore guns that I expect to be delivered on Thursday. One from the same auction that was not C&R eligible so is going through a dealer and the other from a purchase I made via these forums.

Attachments

• Marlin 55G Right.jpg
      Marlin 55G Right.jpg
      108 KB · Views: 489
    • Marlin 55G Left.jpg
      Marlin 55G Left.jpg
      139.1 KB · Views: 488

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Picture of the Ruger 1/22 takedown with the MagPul Backpacker stock, TSR200 combat sights and the extended mag release installed. Need to get that flash suppressor off so my suppressor can go on instead. It is very tight!

View attachment 189247

Is the 1/22 9 iterations before the 10/22?

Picture is missing until quoted.

ETA: Picture now shows.

Last edited:

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Sturm-Ruger Single Six Convertable (old model) {photos later} in original box with both 22LR and 22WMR cylinders (both fluted).
    Then I took the second cylinder out of the small original box from within the main box. It was inside a red cloth bag with drawstring. When I saw the second cylinder, I was not very happy and I could not believe it is the one that came with this gun after seeing the other one. This one is not in terrible shape but there are two fairly large areas of finish wear on it where the bluing is all but gone completely.

Check the front of the 22 mag cylinder, back then Ruger etched the last 3 digits of the SN on the face of the cylinder. You might have to clean the front of the cylinder as the etching is very shallow. Could be that cylinder didn't come with that revolver.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just bought an Anderson M4 carbine upper complete to go with one of the two Anderson complete lowers I bought. New AR15 pistol and carbine! Good thing I have lots of ammo.

Carbine upper
    fYBUoXL.jpg

Carry handle
    hQceY9F.jpg

Pistol upper 5.56
    rmmNHP3.jpg

Pistol upper 5.56
    ki2hr30.jpg

Attachments

• fYBUoXL.jpg
      fYBUoXL.jpg
      45 KB · Views: 369
    • hQceY9F.jpg
      hQceY9F.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 371
    • rmmNHP3.jpg
      rmmNHP3.jpg
      57.1 KB · Views: 356
    • ki2hr30.jpg
      ki2hr30.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 368

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Check the front of the 22 mag cylinder, back then Ruger etched the last 3 digits of the SN on the face of the cylinder. You might have to clean the front of the cylinder as the etching is very shallow. Could be that cylinder didn't come with that revolver.
    Being what you said is true of my new Model Single Six 22 WMR cylinder, I looked for the S/N on the 22WMR cylinder for this Old Model Single six Convertible but did not see it. Does not necessarily mean it is not there just maybe that I missed it. I will look again after I clean it up. Thanks.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Today, I received the Argentine Sistema Colt Model 1927 that I bought from a forum member. Nice gun, shoots well - fed, fired, extracted and ejected every round. I only test fired it with a box of ammo; did not use a target so cannot speak to accuracy. I will say this, I fired off 7 rounds rapid fire just pointing it at a spot on the ground about 7 yards away, reloaded quickly and fired another 7 rounds. Every shot hit in a spot about the size of the palm of my hand - made quite the nice hole. Target shooting will come next to see how accurate it is.

Top Bottom