• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, on the show, she just took it somewhere and had it fabricated.
    Since there was no mention of waiting, or a tax stamp, I presumed things were different somehow.

Did the stock actually sit against her shoulder? Seems strange that a broke. Shoulder would require a stock placed against said shoulder.

There've been some strange work arounds, such as a glock attachment meant to rest against the chin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Also, depending on the age of the revolver it may have been legal to mount a stock without requiring the SBR paperwork. Not positive on this but I think I read about it being related to curios and relics. Hopefully somebody can prove me right or wrong.

Black powder guns also don't fall under the SBS/SBR rules. (Meaning muzzle loading types, I don't know that a black powder era cartridge pistol would get the same treatment)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did the stock actually sit against her shoulder? Seems strange that a broke. Shoulder would require a stock placed against said shoulder.

There've been some strange work arounds, such as a glock attachment meant to rest against the chin.

Well, I don't recall exactly, but wouldn't just adding the stock be illegal?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not if they could argue that it wasn't actually a shoulder stock and not intended to be fired from the shoulder.

ATF defines rifle as "The term “Rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder....", short barrel rifles are defined by using "rifle" as reference, so they are intended to be fired from the shoulder.

A "stock" that is intended to rest against a different part of the body than the shoulder isn't technically a rifle, or short barreled rifle.

That's IF the .gov doesn't decide a shoestring is a machine gun...I mean, a chin stock is a shoulder stock. The above also clarifies why the ATF says shouldering a Sig Brace creates an SBS on what was previously a pistol.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    the ATF letter showing a shoe string is a machine gun lol
    ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2004.jpg

Not if they could argue that it wasn't actually a shoulder stock and not intended to be fired from the shoulder.

ATF defines rifle as "The term “Rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder....", short barrel rifles are defined by using "rifle" as reference, so they are intended to be fired from the shoulder.

A "stock" that is intended to rest against a different part of the body than the shoulder isn't technically a rifle, or short barreled rifle.

That's IF the .gov doesn't decide a shoestring is a machine gun...I mean, a chin stock is a shoulder stock. The above also clarifies why the ATF says shouldering a Sig Brace creates an SBS on what was previously a pistol.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I got a J Stevens .22 RF Tip UP but I don't know the exact model designation or date range of manufacture. It looks in good shape but all it says is..

J Stevens Arms
    Chicopee Falls Mass

It has matching serial numbers on frame and barrel but not much else. 8 Inch Barrel and nice wood grips.

More info would help identify this new purchase. I traded some repair work on a Jaguar conv. for this and the customer always has something interesting.

Tell me something if you have info.

bob View attachment 40325 View attachment 40326

Bought ANOTHER ONE today but this one has a 10" barrel. The one in the pic has the 8" barrel.

bob

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The 8" barrel model 35 was $200 but the 10" is a lot nicer and was $250. The 10" still has most of it's case hardened finish and the screws look UNTOUCHED.

tip_upL.jpg

bob

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Ginger heathens lacking flintlock skills should refrain from dissing.

Besides......everyone knows it'll be a BSA. LoL.

Top Bottom