• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just bought this today! Anyone know if it's okay to dry fire a s&w revolver?

x1XVTkV.jpg

Beautiful piece.
    A modest amount of dry fire is fine. Best to get some snap caps tho. A-Zoom are great.
    Get a few speed loaders too. Good to practice with.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    It started life as a pistol. You can see just above the hand grip I blacked out most of my trust name. I did leave trust so everyone would know :) lol
    Now it is a SBR

SBR or pistol??

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    It started life as a pistol. You can see just above the hand grip I blacked out most of my trust name. I did leave trust so everyone would know :) lol
    Now it is a SBR

Thanks. Couldn't tell if the stock was a different kind of brace.

SBR sounds like fun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes. If you don't register it you're a felon. According to some if you shoulder a pistol with a brace the ATF could interpret that as an SBR.

That's according to a letter sent out by the ATF. In their opinion, if you shoulder a Sig brace it's no longer being used for its intended purpose and the pistol immediately becomes an SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I know all the stuff that would be illegal.
    I just didn't think that adding a stock to a revolver would make it a rifle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I know all the stuff that would be illegal.
    I just didn't think that adding a stock to a revolver would make it a rifle.

Yep, it would.

Pretty sure there Rossi makes a .410/45LC revolver rifle. Or might be someone else. I think it's Rossi though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I only mentioned the revolver/rifle because one of the individuals on a an Alaskan TV series broke her shoulder, and had a stock fabricated for a revolver.
    Evidently their gun laws are quite a bit different from ours, there was no mention of a tax stamp being required for that or suppressors either.

Last edited:

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I only mentioned the revolver/rifle because one of the individuals on a an Alaskan TV series broke her shoulder, and had a stock fabricated for a revolver.
    Evidently their gun laws are quite a bit different from ours, there was no mention of a tax stamp being required for that or suppressors either.

No. Alaska is the same as the rest of the US because This is a federal law. What you saw was a very carefully scripted scene. She had the pistol registered as a SBR and had a stock made to fit her. They just don't tell you in so many words but it's there all the same. People could watch, get confused and commit a felony. Its criminally Bad TV producing if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, on the show, she just took it somewhere and had it fabricated.
    Since there was no mention of waiting, or a tax stamp, I presumed things were different somehow.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    No. Alaska is the same as the rest of the US because This is a federal law. What you saw was a very carefully scripted scene. She had the pistol registered as a SBR and had a stock made to fit her. They just don't tell you in so many words but it's there all the same. People could watch, get confused and commit a felony. Its criminally Bad TV producing if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So this might be FAKE NEWS????
    I think I 'feel triggered'.

I need my safe place to drink a Bourbon, clean my newly acquired Remington 11-48 28 Gauge and load some ammo to calm down.

bob

P.S. I bought a 1953 Remington Model 11-48 in 28 Gauge today from a good customer. It came with a case of #8 target ammo.

Top Bottom