• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I dont know where/when/how or why but I cant post in the classifieds or PM you. Im interested in that ruger .22. Text me, *********, im in Howe.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Please read rules concerning classifieds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Intriguing. Curious what you find. Glitch in the Matrix?
    45F81511-C173-49D5-ADB7-D76BE03C83D5.jpeg

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    It was a LNIB Savage Model 14 in 300WSM. Only issue was a crack in the stock. I wanted to buy it to rebarrel to 325WSM

In theory you can take any short action savage, rebarrel it and swap out the bolt face while obtaining the proper magazine for the rifle. It would be interesting to see what variations of the shot action (centerfeed vs. staggerfeed) were chambered in 300WSM so you know which to go for in order to be able to source the proper magazine.

A good place to get much info on this sort of thing is the savageshooters.com forum. You might even be able to find a donor receiver. Being the 300WSM is longer than a .308, you may consider a long action (11x) series so you are not as limited magazine wise in overall length.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    In theory you can take any short action savage, rebarrel it and swap out the bolt face while obtaining the proper magazine for the rifle. It would be interesting to see what variations of the shot action (centerfeed vs. staggerfeed) were chambered in 300WSM so you know which to go for in order to be able to source the proper magazine.

A good place to get much info on this sort of thing is the savageshooters.com forum. You might even be able to find a donor receiver. Being the 300WSM is longer than a .308, you may consider a long action (11x) series so you are not as limited magazine wise in overall length.
    Yea thats all good info. I am not a member over there but I have gotten alot of info from them. I only bid on this particular rifle because it started at $345. In the future I am looking to get a few long action savage receivers to build a 6.5x55, 7mm and 8mm mauser on.

Right now I have to save my money for hunting season. I am going all over the country again this year and now my wife is coming with me. Shes an expensive tag-a-long.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Yea thats all good info. I am not a member over there but I have gotten alot of info from them. I only bid on this particular rifle because it started at $345. In the future I am looking to get a few long action savage receivers to build a 6.5x55, 7mm and 8mm mauser on.

Right now I have to save my money for hunting season. I am going all over the country again this year and now my wife is coming with me. Shes an expensive tag-a-long.

For the 6.5x55 look for a .30-06 or .270 then it is just a barrel swap. I have one for just that purpose.

Reactions: MTA

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Ordered 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr jhp. Carrying my Sig P229 Elite today for the first time in a very long while. Dang, 50 rd boxes of Gold Dot is expensive,

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Bought this beautiful girl, at least to me.
    A Savage 110E .270 Winchester!
    She’s not all that great looking compared to the modern rifles of today, but I bet she’s as accurate if not more so than most.

Hawk
    82048d59ffdf739b88769b4981173223.jpg

6e83938fdb0242bd7da39ad03c1b1cf1.jpg

I’ve got a 110 in .270, and it is an amazing rifle. She will shoot sub MOA if I do my job. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom