Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I’m calling it now.
    Buy your hi/cap mags today.
    Don’t procrastinate.
    A year from now you’ll wish you had.
    Good idea. I have a bunch of mags but can use more.

Along those lines I have a question: anyone have any experience with steel AR15 Duramags (30 rd) as opposed to Bushmaster (30 rd) aluminum mags. Seeking opinions on which is better. I was about to buy some Duramags but then saw they are manufactured by C Products. My son bought some C Products AR15 aluminum mags several years ago from a guy claiming to run that company. They were the worst crap imaginable as far as he was concerned. Do not know if it is the same company, think they were in CT then and FL now. If it is the same co. have they improved and are the steel Duramags worth it?

Any other suggestions for good metal AR15 mags would be appreciated.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I might grab some Beretta mags because I could see owning a 92X some point down the line.

Maybe CZ mags too.
    Recently picked up several mags for my Beretta 92 series pistols, including three in the package 15 round mags and 5 unpackaged 30 round OEM Beretta mags. The 30 round mags were on sale for $30 each direct from Beretta.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Just also ordered 10 Bushmaster AR 15 30 rd mags from Numrich, about $108 shipped with tax. Can always order some Duramags too if they get good reviews herein.

I need to count the AK mags, probably not enough of them either!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Went to AS today, no ammo delivery this morning. They had some shotgun ammo and some 450 Bushmaster and I think that was it. Went to Walmart where I picked up two boxes of 12 gauge number 8 shot and two boxes of 410 bore ammo. Also went to Atwoods where the only ammunition that they've had, other than shotgun shells, for the last week or two, seems to have been 204 Ruger and they still have that in stock; so, I guess it's not a very popular cartridge.

No more ammo shopping now, we're taking it easy at the dog park. First we played some fetch and now Skye is just chilling out.
    20201110_103842.jpg

ETA: Forgot to mention, I did get some gun stuff at Atwoods; picked up another 4 pistol sized gun socks and a fairly large can of desiccant. Ammo boxes are starting to get stuck to the shelves in my closet. Hopefully if I always remember to close the closet door and keep that can in there, it will dry it out enough that will cease. Have to say it to someone so may as well get said here: The checkout gals there always make me wish I could be young again, whoever does the hiring has good taste - beautiful, courteous, and always plain out nice.

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    My lady friend dragged me to Wally World (the only way I will go). While she was shopping, I decided I could use my time better and went to sporting goods. Bought two boxes of CCI 22 target ammo (200 each milk cartons), four boxes of Winchester Super X 22 (100 each), and two boxes of Winchester Wildcat (100 each).

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    The guys at my LGS say that their ammo factory reps are predicting that ammo continues to skyrocket in price for the next year or so until everything is above $3 per round.

Top Bottom