Texas SOT

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Thanks Dave.

Oh yeah, been doing good. Getting out in the summer sun.

I pulled the fork tube off the 'Suzzy'. Neighbors keep calling it that. Replaced both oil seal and dust seal but got wrong weight of oil. Needed 10w, bought 5w. The 10 stuff will be here tomorrow.

After I add the oil, I'm gonna have to grow a third arm. Compressing the inner spring while tightening the lock nut for the cap...while making sure oil doesn't go everywhere. Damn thing can't have the spring in the tube when oil is added. Oil first then the other mess. I'll end up making a tool...

After this, the rear wheel is next. Shaft drive. I need to check the breaks and make sure the drive shaft is greased. The bike has 3000 miles buts it's an 2008. It's sat for while.
    I wish you luck.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I wish you luck.

It won't be bad. You gotta think of it as puzzle. Looking at the factory tool to do it. It's a spring compressor that mounts on the fork tube while grabbing a plastic collar on top the spring.

Piece of metal with a notch cut big enough for the damper rod to fit in it. 550 cord to pull the metal 'tool' down, compressing the spring.

The service manual procedure(which I don't have but read snippets of it).

Oil level is 6.95"/177mm from the top of the tube to the top of the oil. Spring removed with the forks travel taken in. "The suspension has to be compressed".

It's not a big deal by no means. Tricky dicky without the genuine Suzuki Fork Seal Replacement Tool but since this is Texas. We get shit done without the warm and fuzzy dealership tool.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Heres some pictures of the deal...

c601b92c5f70ad4baee042f4b9d478dd.jpg

Heres the damber rod.

669c62d45f6b12ad86ebd4f757a53e73.jpg

Plastic collar and the spring.

979c8f0e9c60a7f9f005f3199aa6f9a3.jpg

383d3997e6f38a5bf17c92f68ac36244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well, it actually was totalled in my garage.

So when are you gonna tell us about the truck? If it's still jerking a tear, get over that. The ex wife wreaked a 1979 Monte Carlo of mine. Never mind that I installed an actual 396 big block. My first Chevy and first Ex-wife.

What's the back story on the truck?

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So when are you gonna tell us about the truck? If it's still jerking a tear, get over that. The ex wife wreaked a 1979 Monte Carlo of mine. Never mind that I installed an actual 396 big block. My first Chevy and first Ex-wife.

What's the back story on the truck?

Well, not exactly sure what you mean by back story, unless you are talking about what happened to it, that is in the original post with the pictures.
    Go back to post 3060 to see a little bit of details on the truck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    As we say , "beat to fit, paint to match"...

True that.

Now it's bobber engineering time. The seat is supported by the rear fender with nothing but tab holding the front. A pre-made spring seat kit from Blue Collar bobbers runs about $400. And of course they don't just sell the bracket. Which requires two frame mounts to be cut off.

Not going that far and measuring by eyeball. Those two mounts are the best anchor options for a bobber seat.

The seat is easy to make. Pan, foam, and some leather. I've made one before so have a leg up on the process.

The plan is leaning towards a section of flat fender mounted to where it supports the rear of the seat. License plate mounted to left rear passenger peg mount.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's an example picture. This bike has a C50 front end and wheels. The C50 is one step up from the smaller M50. The rear fender is custom(?) If it's not, I can't find who sells it. Unlike other bobbers, you can't really see the seat bracket and the seat appears to be aftermarket but identical to the factory seat mounting (besides the bobber mods)

th

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Here's an example picture. This bike has a C50 front end and wheels. The C50 is one step up from the smaller M50. The rear fender is custom(?) If it's not, I can't find who sells it. Unlike other bobbers, you can't really see the seat bracket and the seat appears to be aftermarket but identical to the factory seat mounting (besides the bobber mods)

th

Looks really nice, at least I bet it's quiet...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Looks really nice, at least I bet it's quiet...

I've rode some loud bikes and it gets old quick. I've had one to where you couldn't ride it without ear plugs. Quiet going down the highway but in town it's was brain rattling.

I get why folks like loud bikes. Supposedly helps people in 4 wheelers hear and see you. It never stop anybody in front of me from pulling out like I wasn't there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Testing out my photos again.

For those that asked, I found a better motor shot.

mot5.jpg

mot5.jpg.html][IMG]

I've always like the neon greens engine paint. The first time I saw it was in a 1985 camaro. The guy had switched out the motor to a 454. 12 bolt rear end with a custom mount for the torque arm.

The car was white and the hood was off. The engine bay was chrome and neon acid green. Beautiful beast of a car.

On the two wheel variety. Pulled the rear wheel, deferential, and drive shaft. Inspection and greased....and of course it needs a seal on the drive shaft.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Changed the back drum brakes on a Dodge.

Made a frame mounted vertical license plate holder for the motorcycle. I cut some aluminum for the back plate. Steel bracket cut from a car seat belt pedestal. All the edges are finished. I still need to do some cutting and shaping for a stainless Model A tail light coming in the mail. The version that has "STOP" in the top part of the glass.

As soon as the tail light shows up. Ill finish the plate holder. Then...The rear fender go's away. Have a plan on how to support the factory seat using two 11/16 combination wrenches and a small bracket.

The wrenches are China made junk but will do the mock up just fine. Once it's all engineered. Ill replace the wrenches with a couple of American made PROTO jobs from the pawn shop.

If the wrench idea doesn't work out. Ill make a pan for the factory seat and anchor it that way. I can't be flying off the bike doing 80mph.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Spent all day putting fog lights and radio in parents UTV

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Top Bottom