Capitol Armory ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'd like to offer advice. Don't change out the rubber donut on the steering shaft to a solid disk. It'll drive like a go cart. That extra play in the rubber donut is so much nicer. More forgiving.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Big 3 is on my list, just going with 1/0 probably.

Also been sitting on energy suspension bushings for the front sway bar. Had it over a year and been lazy... clunk clunk clunk...

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Are you referring to del-sphere joint drama or is there some other drama I missed?.
    Yeah that and some delivery issues and such, nothing too major but people got pretty heated.

I'd like to offer advice. Don't change out the rubber donut on the steering shaft to a solid disk. It'll drive like a go cart. That extra play in the rubber donut is so much nicer. More forgiving.
    That's LT1 stuff, they didn't use a rag joint in LS 4th Gens.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Well, I like it even if I went a bit ghetto.
    f9576b9643fdd90c9b7bc22ff28f25be.jpg
    2876e16a6c8c665fbeb6efd047f92f0f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    See, now that mom is terrified of your ghetto mobile

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Ha. It goes with my Umbrella Corp. Hive Level 3 parking sticker on the windshield and Umbrella Corp license plate frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bought an Xterra a few months ago.

I recently did the Lucas oil treatment. That was a good move. That 3.3 motor only holds 3.5 quarts of oil. The Lucas cut engine noise in half.

I was shocked how quiet it got. Due to its capacity, I only put 1/2 quart of Lucas with the oil change.

After running about three minutes, it just got quieter and quieter. And now there is no valve clatter on startup.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I pushed the heated seat and heated steering wheel button on the Camaro. Okay, so they're pretty pointless in a sports car, but I chuckled all the way home with toasty warm hands and backside.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    GHG, here is a couple of pictures of the car you asked for. Sorry, they are crappy and it is dirty and it still has the stock wheels. I have new wheels/tires that I'm going to put on after I convert the brakes to C6 Z06 calipers/rotors.

IMG-20171225-WA0001_zps1m215kvn.jpg

IMG-20171225-WA0000_zpsfk7k7rei.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well $hit. Woke the motorcycle up.... That fork seal I installed is leaking. I gotta pull the fork back off. Figure out what's going on with the seal. Maybe a spring ring on the seal lip came off. Maybe it's installed incorrectly. Maybe the fork oil is going between the steel ring on the seal and the seal seat. Maybe the fork tube is phucked up.

It's not bad to change it. The dampening spring is tricky.

I thought I bought two sets of seals. The other set I hung on the wall. They grew legs. I've even looked behind cabinets and the tool box. It's gOne and brand new. I'll order more. Once the new new ones show up. The last new one will probably fall from the roof.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    new wheels and tires for the wife's car. keeping another 2 years, gotta make it last. hell i may keep it for myself.

Also ordered o-rings for my truck's CPS to see if that fixes the infamous bellhousing drip.
    Also ordered a new EGT module and sender, mine had never worked well and is about 5% functional now. Bought it new 3 years agp. for $140, scored the replacement dorect from PLX for $45
    fc3ca9887b19d088d18f1908c8fb45df.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Inspection at Quicker Sticker took 3 minutes

Motorcycle:Cleaned, lubed and adjusted chain

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    new wheels and tires for the wife's car. keeping another 2 years, gotta make it last. hell i may keep it for myself.

Also ordered o-rings for my truck's CPS to see if that fixes the infamous bellhousing drip.
    Also ordered a new EGT module and sender, mine had never worked well and is about 5% functional now. Bought it new 3 years agp. for $140, scored the replacement dorect from PLX for $45 View attachment 128291

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    63589d1c6432f1375e2c244b6195230a.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'd sure enjoy a motorcycle jack. I didn't think the bike would have to be up in the air this much. I'm sure if somebody else owned the bike it'd be fine. Not around me. Things have to break down more often.

I know I installed that fork seal right but because I have a tool box. It's gotta leak. I thought I was doing good. So why the bad karma?

Guess I need a motorcycle jack...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom