Venture Surplus ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Took the new setup for its first test run with the new trailer and used camper shell I picked up.

Did well and has plenty of power to pull that parachute of a trailer even in a direct headwind.

Next big test will include a couple thousand more pounds loaded up.
    70cb897372067a5297d4d145d55209a6.jpg
    Guns International

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Took the new setup for its first test run with the new trailer and used camper shell I picked up.

Did well and has plenty of power to pull that parachute of a trailer even in a direct headwind.

Next big test will include a couple thousand more pounds loaded up. View attachment 133224

But what’s it’s name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Fixed a hole in my gas tank...

I was also salvaging some connecting rods for a friend. Seems like most of the videos out there are on removing pressed in wrist pins, so I decided to make a video on how to remove floating pins.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Where's Cam?

Check it out. An 1982 1100GS. Too bad it's an 8 valve with a shaft drive. The hot Suzuki motors have 16 valves and chain drive. Same engine in different configurations.

Purple rain.

00505_l3Y0hMAoisp_600x450.jpg

https://killeen.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1982-suzuki-1100-gs/6534089946.html

Looks a lot better this way,

Ironcity-Suzuki-GS-5-of-14-1200x800.jpg

https://www.motofire.com/2017/02/custom-week-dirtnap-suzuki-gs1100-ironcity-motorcycle-co/

Rear passenger support of the frame gets chopped off with a loop replacing it. Even though it's not the hot motor, it'd still haul a$$ without all the crap on it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I had an 81, mine was shaft drive.
    Had a full fairing (Windjammer) like that as well.
    Had LEOs ask me, when writing me tickets, how I could have control of it with the front wheel in the air.

:green:

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby

Next big test will include a couple thousand more pounds loaded up. View attachment 133224
    It'll pull better loaded. Nice setup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Well, I figured I would update on my faithful steed. After 3 weeks of work, pulling the supercharger and installing a bunch of upgrade parts, I made it to Victoria TX for the mile event.

Think of this as more of a show of money then power. The event is a standing dig with a speed trap at the 1/4, 1/2 and the mile mark. 200mph at the finish is the general goal. The event is now dominated by street cars well in excess of 200.

Either way, after a rough start on Friday I was first in line on Saturday. It was perfect weather for running. Low 70's with a tail wind. Trapped 117mph at the 1/4, 142mph at the half and blew a rod out the side of block somewhere around 160.

All is well that ended well. The car will be down for a bit though....

The fastest car of the weekend was running somewhere in the 270's, down from his fastest in the 280's. Lots of bikes in excess of the 200's.

I never did get a dyno run done but all estimates from my tuner say I should be sitting around 600hp at the wheels. I will update again when it is back on the road with better pics of the block damage.
    1ed1b1e64b3b1ce7e810860d9b34cef1.jpg
    4bb43fd31a6aeb4242f0da1c2c4811dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    "Don't drive faster then your guardian angel can fly" my now wife gave it to me when we first started dating and it has been in that spot on all my cars for the last 15 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you would.

When you start pulling the motor. Create a thread on it. Don't put it in here to get buried. Do an entire thread on the switch out. A repair journal. The gearheads on here will eat it up. I know I'd enjoy reading it.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    If you would.

When you start pulling the motor. Create a thread on it. Don't put it in here to get buried. Do an entire thread on the switch out. A repair journal. The gearheads on here will eat it up. I know I'd enjoy reading it.

Will do. I will be sandbagging the project for at least a month or two. (need to rebuild car fund) I plan on pulling the engine at a buddys place first and doing a tear down. The supercharger and all the top stuff should still be good. I know for sure the block is toast due to the ammount of oil that came out of the side and the smoke from the exhaust and under the hood when it runs (it still starts, drove it on the trailer.)

I am hoping the heads are still good. I will probably buy a complete used setup. The later engines had a updated blower with a slightly faster gear ratio. I will strip the two and build a complete good used setup and sell off the leftover parts to offset cost. There is another option in getting ahold of a non supercharged AMG engine to gain a couple points in compression.

Time will tell, I was hoping to have it all dialed in for the Friday night drag and brags at the speedway this summer. This is but a minor setback.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    No pics of the carnage???
    The car is still sitting on the trailer in my driveway. It is raining outside. I really need a lift to get the car up in the air and some stuff moved around. From the top all you see is oil everywhere. I did have a buddy video the run, he got the takeoff up to about the quarter mile then moved to the speed display. when it blew up I was a 3/4 miles from the start line so you didnt see much but some smoke at distance.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Damn, sorry to hear about the setback. It'd be cool to run a mile event, but I won't go until I have something worthy of making a showing somewhere near the middle of the pack. Kinda tough to get there when I'm being cheap and a responsible adult though ;)

Top Bottom