Military Camp

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    It's awesome when things go smooth.

I'm not that lucky. Sorry Suzuki fork is still leaking. Three seals later. I checked every dimension on the bottom tube except run out. The roundness of the tube. Which I don't think is the problem. Everything is straight. Nothing is bent or scratched.

Pulling the dust wipe down. You can see that the seal is leaking from between the lips and tube. It has two lips and both are letting oil pass. That'd mean the seal is too big and not sealing right. I've ran a piece of plastic up and around the seal to hopefully seat it and remove anything(That I know isn't in there) that's causing it to leak. Nada for $hit. The bottom tube might have been manufactured slightly smaller then planned. Maybe the contractor for Suzuki had a run on of out of spec stuff. Maybe I should measure the tubes from right and left and see if there's a difference...

My last option before I shoot it....is a high dollar OEM seal. Something Suzuki doesn't let be sold across the internet. The Damn dealer with the Damn dealer mark up is the only place to get it.

The aftermarket seals run about $15 for two seals. The factory seals cost three times as much.

This motorcycle needs to quit being broke.

Check partzilla.com

Btw tires are installed and bike is back on the road, but now waiting on a new seat.

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Don't overfill your engine oil, folks! Cart came in with the complaint of not running. Got it to start, and the oil cap popped off and spurted out oil, as well as what you see that came out the exhaust. The smoke is with the excess oil removed and the engine let run for 30 min.

83fdca4dcd1d35f0a1305145a2eeb0a0.jpg
    e280393283df56d6dc6288b8ebbe6b19.jpg

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Well, I got the CB tore back into today. I installed the Healtech gear indicator and quick shifter. The quick shifter cuts ignition allowing you to shift under acceleration with out closing the trrottle. I also installed a set of new spark plugs and changed the oil. The plugs looked ok. Electrodes did not appear wore but there was some evidence of gassing around the base of the ceramic on the outside. I used one more fill of factory HP4 honda oil. I have 6800 miles. I plan on switching to Mobil 1 synthetic at 10,000 miles. Should be good and broke in by then. This was the 3rd oil change.

Driving impressions.... No difference noted from the plugs that is quantifiable, it felt smoother but I was itching to replace them being 6 years old. I think there was a slightly better shifting, it was getting kind of clunky. The gear indicator is pretty nice, especially with a 1 tooth smaller front cog. Setup was easy, not sure on the final mounting spot yet.

The quick shifter, holy hell, totally different bike. I am going to do some fine tuning on the setup. I think I can shorten the kill time 10 or 20ms it is at 100ms right now.

I was jibbing through traffic on the way home from the shop today. I got stuck at a light sharing a lane with a cat on an older ninja of some sort. When the light turned green I gave her a full twist and rammed through some gears. Of course the next light was red. The feller cought back up and said "what is that thing, It sounds fast as hell" I froze for a minute and replied "It's a CB1000r, it is fast as hell" the light turned green and I blasted off.

Fun ride. I cant wait to put down some more miles now. Should be a good rest of the summer.

On a side note. When I was checking the tire pressures I gave the chain a good look. I noted a couple of the o-rings missing. It looks like a new chain is in my future. I will probably look into an auto oiler of some sorts.

All I can say is I am blessed to be able to work on crap in the A/C. It is way too hot to work outside or in my garage. Here is a couple shots of the scooter.
    276611fee52e6035e79b6217a2ee4caa.jpg
    65d9d0cba01166a67af8e0a80fe3da26.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well, I got the CB tore back into today. I installed the Healtech gear indicator and quick shifter. The quick shifter cuts ignition allowing you to shift under acceleration with out closing the trrottle. I also installed a set of new spark plugs and changed the oil. The plugs looked ok. Electrodes did not appear wore but there was some evidence of gassing around the base of the ceramic on the outside. I used one more fill of factory HP4 honda oil. I have 6800 miles. I plan on switching to Mobil 1 synthetic at 10,000 miles. Should be good and broke in by then. This was the 3rd oil change.

Driving impressions.... No difference noted from the plugs that is quantifiable, it felt smoother but I was itching to replace them being 6 years old. I think there was a slightly better shifting, it was getting kind of clunky. The gear indicator is pretty nice, especially with a 1 tooth smaller front cog. Setup was easy, not sure on the final mounting spot yet.

The quick shifter, holy hell, totally different bike. I am going to do some fine tuning on the setup. I think I can shorten the kill time 10 or 20ms it is at 100ms right now.

I was jibbing through traffic on the way home from the shop today. I got stuck at a light sharing a lane with a cat on an older ninja of some sort. When the light turned green I gave her a full twist and rammed through some gears. Of course the next light was red. The feller cought back up and said "what is that thing, It sounds fast as hell" I froze for a minute and replied "It's a CB1000r, it is fast as hell" the light turned green and I blasted off.

Fun ride. I cant wait to put down some more miles now. Should be a good rest of the summer.

On a side note. When I was checking the tire pressures I gave the chain a good look. I noted a couple of the o-rings missing. It looks like a new chain is in my future. I will probably look into an auto oiler of some sorts.

All I can say is I am blessed to be able to work on crap in the A/C. It is way too hot to work outside or in my garage. Here is a couple shots of the scooter. View attachment 140439 View attachment 140440

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have been eyeing those bikes. They're priced decent and thanks to your pictures. I now know that rear support is a bolt on attachment to the main frame. Most excellent. I can work with that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've been finding a bunch of those bikes wrecked. One ad had one with front collision. Both forks broke in half. Another was laid over and it scraped most of the side. Then a third one with flaring damage. Cracked holes in the radiator shroud with dents in the gas tank.

Average price has been in the 2 grand range. MSRP of around $5000 for the 500cc.

I want one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Well here's something that's not CGI. What makes Harbor Freight tools some fuming trash. It's a rather long video but he covers the why-why it's trash. Other tools are also reviewed. Fast Forward if an infliction of OCD won't let you calm down to view its entirety. I did, Lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom