APOD Firearms

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    82df06b18b28820796905555d5604e77.jpg

08194d69360f170fca56c49907bbff8b.jpg

6753fd0c105fa1ef185b4d3992a25a99.jpg

All the decals and safety stickers are getting removed. The plastic chain guard and passenger pegs have already been taken off. That "CB" decal on the flairing is going bye bye. The '"650f" is also going to be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've never seen that before.
    Looks great!

ETA: get used to riding it before you start "modding" stuff.

It has a dirt bike sitting position type style to it. Big difference between it and a cruiser. It's Honda's attempt to grasp some the "Street Fighter" market. It's basically a naked sports bike with raised handlebars and neutral position foot pegs. Detuned engine. It's considered a 'standard' motorcycle.

All the metric manufacturers have a line up of the Street fighter bikes. Now folks don't have to build one out of a sports bike. The factory already did. The British are the ones that came up with the gay name. Can't help that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetfighter

On the Suzuki boulevard. You have to adjust the valves at 7500miles. This Honda says to do it at 36,000miles. Besides oil and a filter. There's practically no other maintenance besides fluids. I think the spark plugs are the iridium. They're good to go for a long while.

Honda says to clean the exhaust header with....Ajax. Abrasive kitchen cleaner. Says so right in the manual. Lol, not chrome cleaner on stainless steel. Ajax.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Pulled all the stickers off. I bet I paid a couple hundred bucks for the decals when I bought the thing. I thought they were all cheesy as hell. Now they are gone. All of them....well except that one by the neck. That is the only one left. Besides the major decals. The safety stickers were removed too. One was on the frame. The other was on the chain guard. Two on the tank.

Next up is frame sliders. Ill stop by the dealer Monday and see what style they have. Compare them to others off the interweb. I'm also going to price the engine covers(the bronze colored parts visible in the pic). If the covers are cheaper then the sliders. Ill consider buying two covers instead. All I need is tip over protection. So either extra covers or the sliders.

3d0d133377472fa355db3f4459b528bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    But if you are out on a ride and "tip it over" and crack a case, spare cases won't get you home if they are at home. Sliders are designed for that reason.

Dammit Cam. Stop talking logic. Lol. Frame sliders for sure. Ill pass on the cases. I didn't think of that. From all I can tell. The engine is the exact same as the CBR-650. They have all the stuff you need for the racing version of the bike. The sliders for that should fit the non racing version.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Nice. I had a 919 and that was probably my favorite bike out of all I have owned. Naked standard bikes are under-rated.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I took a trip to scuff the tires. Rode a hair over 50miles. Stopped by the dealer and bought a cover. They use that loyalty points thing to discount stuff. The cover ran me $70. They wanted $109. It's a common brand cover, Dowco Weatherall. Doesn't say Honda. It's an internet special for about $90.

I was afraid that a 650 would be a first lane bike. The Suzuki boulevard is 800-850 (50cubic inch). It's a dog on the highway. It's a fight to keep the bike at 65. You can't ride 5 miles without feeling exhausted from the fight.

I gotta give props to Honda. This little 650 will cruise at 80mph like it's nothing. Twist the throttle in sixth gear and this little basturd doesn't stop pulling. It makes the Suzuki look like it's running on one cylinder.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    From all I can tell. The engine is the exact same as the CBR-650. They have all the stuff you need for the racing version of the bike. The sliders for that should fit the non racing version.

The CBR650 is basically the same bike as yours but just dressed in full fairings, not really a "racing" version. The CBR600RR, which is a completely different animal, is Honda's middleweight "race" bike. Still, very cool bike you have. I imagine it's gonna be a ton of fun.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Haven't purchased those particular bars, but I put Renthal bars on every dirt bike I had (7 Honda's). Renthal is pretty much the "gold standard," so you should have no reservations.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    That homie with the Indian scout jumps the fountain today. About 7-8pm. It'll be on the history channel. We'll see if he can top Evel.

On a side note. I've been following the owners manual for break in on the Honda. I haven't opened it up yet. Took a ride this morning and shifted at around 7 grand. Maybe I didn't know exactly what I bought. Anything below 5k and it's realistically quick.

Open it up past 5 grand and this MFer takes off. Not sorta quick but haul some serious a$$. Good God, wait till breaks in and I push it to 11k. It'll already pull the front tire off the ground at low RPM...

This thing is a F'ing rocket. Hee-Hee

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    That homie with the Indian scout jumps the fountain today. About 7-8pm. It'll be on the history channel. We'll see if he can top Evel.

On a side note. I've been following the owners manual for break in on the Honda. I haven't opened it up yet. Took a ride this morning and shifted at around 7 grand. Maybe I didn't know exactly what I bought. Anything below 5k and it's realistically quick.

Open it up past 5 grand and this MFer takes off. Not sorta quick but haul some serious a$$. Good God, wait till breaks in and I push it to 11k. It'll already pull the front tire off the ground at low RPM...

This thing is a F'ing rocket. Hee-Hee
    That's cool. Glad you are enjoying it. I muse of my next motorcycle every couple weeks. I figure I have at least a year or two of fun left on mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've been paying attention to the CBR650. Watched a bunch of video. It seems the ultra-haul a$$ mode is between 10k and 13k. The factory tachometer scale tops out at 11k. It'll whine way past that.

Watch the tach in this video. Lying factory. The Speedo is in Kilometers. Translated, its about 156 f'ing mph.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom