APOD Firearms

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I fuhking hate buying stuff. I need to finance something. I'm a credit ghost. Zero dept of any kind. If I couldn't afford it, I didn't buy it. I want to buy a house.

Went by the bank today. Told them I wanted the GSX-S1000. They basically said So?. Buy it. But I need to finance something. Play by society rules.

Here's how the bank will do it. I buy a CD for the cost of the bike after a down payment. It's $10,670.95 out the door. I put $5000 down. Then I borrow the balance against the CD at an interest rate of 2%. The minimum they need to snuggle up to me and loan me money for a house is 6 months. Ill pay them on a term of 24mos at double the payment.

The dealership has the bike in a box. It's the blue one. 1000cc's of body slinging, balls drop.

I've never bought anything brand new in my entire life. I guess now's my chance. Maybe Ill buy a fancy motorcycle.

I need a beer. This is a buttload of money. Phuck-n-A. I'm going to sleep on this.
    Military Camp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Better be careful.
    That's a lot more bike than the one you have now, lol.
    I'm sure that you like to go fast like I do.
    That's why I sold all my bikes.

Your Suzuki 1100GS had about 100hp. Pretty powerful. The boulevard I ride has a measly 40hp.

The 1000 has something between 130-140hp at the wheel. It's also lighter then the boulevard by 88 pounds. It's a full burn rocket. Not as fast as the GXSR but it hauls a$$. First lane bike.

Ill get use to it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Your Suzuki 1100GS had about 100hp. Pretty powerful. The boulevard I ride has a measly 40hp.

The 1000 has something between 130-140hp at the wheel. It's also lighter then the boulevard by 88 pounds. It's a full burn rocket. Not as fast as the GXSR but it hauls a$$. First lane bike.

Ill get use to it.

That bike I had in the 80s.
    Last bike I wrecked on was my CBR1000RR.
    About 160rwhp, with add on goodies.

I had 3 bikes when I sold them all after the last wreck.
    One was a track bike, GSXR600.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Sold the Kawasaki Vulcan S

Traded in for a 2018 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Special Bonneville Salt Pearl

d8434d8428577b60bb9f1c658cc8387b.jpg

5e329377af2c9a1be29fd42f62d9966b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Attachments

• 3457164686e2a4d5f9fe7c2b7e27bcab.jpg
      3457164686e2a4d5f9fe7c2b7e27bcab.jpg
      425.8 KB · Views: 132
    Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm not going to hotdog it. It'll be my cruising bike. I'm done riding stuff that fights to keep 80mph. This bike will do it in first gear. In fact, Ill never need to change a gear if I don't want to. Consider it a semi automatic.

1000cc, detuned for the street.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I fuhking hate buying stuff. I need to finance something. I'm a credit ghost. Zero dept of any kind. If I couldn't afford it, I didn't buy it. I want to buy a house.

Went by the bank today. Told them I wanted the GSX-S1000. They basically said So?. Buy it. But I need to finance something. Play by society rules.

Here's how the bank will do it. I buy a CD for the cost of the bike after a down payment. It's $10,670.95 out the door. I put $5000 down. Then I borrow the balance against the CD at an interest rate of 2%. The minimum they need to snuggle up to me and loan me money for a house is 6 months. Ill pay them on a term of 24mos at double the payment.

The dealership has the bike in a box. It's the blue one. 1000cc's of body slinging, balls drop.

I've never bought anything brand new in my entire life. I guess now's my chance. Maybe Ill buy a fancy motorcycle.

I need a beer. This is a buttload of money. Phuck-n-A. I'm going to sleep on this.
    A $6,000 note is a buttload of money?

You haven't bought anything new in your life have you?

Don't get me wrong, notes suck and I commend you for not having any. Rare these days.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    A $6,000 note is a buttload of money?

You haven't bought anything new in your life have you?

Don't get me wrong, notes suck and I commend you for not having any. Rare these days.

No Sir. I haven't had a credit card since college. Or have bought anything major new. I'm too cheap to do that. To buy a house I have to come out the shadows and show a bank I can pay for a house. Which I can already partly do. It's just a lot of fuhking money. I started sweating at the bank and almost puked at the dealership. I can afford it. I just need to open some bigger society doors. I hate financing but it's the only way a poor man can afford anything.

Insurance on this basturd is 143.00 a year for basic coverage. It's 631.00 for full coverage. I'm technically the lien holder. I can get whatever insurance I want.

1000cc's of it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You got a new camaro last year.

It was used. Somebody bought a lease on a $55k sticker price new v8 camaro. I bought a lease after its up car. I didn't pick it brand new. There was no financing. It would've been in white.

The moto-bike has tires with zero miles. Nobody before me has farted the seat. Brand spanking new.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If you’re buying the bike on credit to establish history to get a mortgage, stop.

Call Churchill Mortgage; they specialize in mortgages for people in situations like yours.

Listen to them, then decide what to do.

I'm loaning money from myself. It'll cost me 2% interest to buy a credit history. I'm not buying it on unsecured credit. I'm the lien holder, not the bank.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Going over the paperwork. They want to charge $645 for shipping. Suzuki shows it at $365. They're trying to fleece me there.

Then the other super pi$$ off. Basturds want $675 to unpack the bike and do the usual dealer prep. Which is also crazy B.S.. If I go to that dealer again, I'm stopping by the service department and asking what the charge is to install two wheels, two mirrors, 1 gallon of gas.

$675? That's such a bunch of Bull$hit. Nickels and Dimes tossed off a skyscraper and I'm standing under the toss.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Checked out an Indian Scout Bobber. They refuse to sell it below sticker. It cost $757.00 for shipping. Another $742 to put it together.

Out the door, $15,157.32.

They are CrAzy.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Checked the brake pads on the Ram.
    87k miles. Looks to have another 40k left before new pads are needed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's over. It's done. There's a bright and shiny motorcycle in the yard. I went to every dealership in town. Indian, Harley, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, KTM, Triumph.

Tried sitting on a 1000cc. Muh feet wouldn't touch the ground. I had to do a tippy toe. Felt like sitting on a bull compared to a horse. Fat, wide, and tall.

Out of everything I looked at. Comparing with the premium bikes. Triumph and KTM. I picked the best workmanship I could find. No ABS or Traction control. No disco looking dash. Both cast and cold drawn tubing on the engine cradle with robot welds. Chain drive.

It's a middle weight bike. 4 cylinders, 6 gears, with a red line around 11k. 75 horsepower at the wheel at 10k rpm.

Freight was about $500. Assembly, about $500. MSRP of $8300. Out the door for $9k.

It's complete. My payments are $143.00 for a year. Now there's two motorcycles and two camaros in the yard....and the garage. Grown man's play ground.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It's over. It's done. There's a bright and shiny motorcycle in the yard. I went to every dealership in town. Indian, Harley, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, KTM, Triumph.

Tried sitting on a 1000cc. Muh feet wouldn't touch the ground. I had to do a tippy toe. Felt like sitting on a bull compared to a horse. Fat, wide, and tall.

Out of everything I looked at. Comparing with the premium bikes. Triumph and KTM. I picked the best workmanship I could find. No ABS or Traction control. No disco looking dash. Both cast and cold drawn tubing on the engine cradle with robot welds. Chain drive.

It's a middle weight bike. 4 cylinders, 6 gears, with a red line around 11k. 75 horsepower at the wheel at 10k rpm.

Freight was about $500. Assembly, about $500. MSRP of $8300. Out the door for $9k.

It's complete. My payments are $143.00 for a year. Now there's two motorcycles and two camaros in the yard....and the garage. Grown man's play ground.
    So where are the pictures?

Beat Moonpie. Heh.

Top Bottom