Lynx Defense

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I traded it in!!!

Traded my '94 Silverado ext cab, 2wd 1500 with the 6.5 Detroit turbo diesel in on a '08 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer with 46k miles. That's right, a half ton with a diesel. The dealership was flabbergasted trying to do market research to find a similar truck. I looked it up on Autotrader the other month and there were 3 for sale on that website in the entire U.S. Essentially I got what I wanted and got the Expedition for 14k out the door. The 1500 had 133k miles and the interior was spotless aside from the dash. The cloth seat looked like it did from the factory 24 years ago, they couldn't believe the condition of that truck. I could have sold it for more but the hassle involved made it worth trading in.

Now I can haul the whole family instead of having to drive the wife's minivan, a Chrysler Pacifica.
    Military Camp

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Oh yeah. It's mentioned in the owners manual. The CB650F is a popular motorcycle in poorer overseas areas. Unless some complex spool adapters are installed or a dedicated stand involved. The only way to get it in the air to take the rear tire off...

Hoist. Honda included two pegs for it. Ill take pictures. The sprocket is due to show up Monday.

Ah, interesting.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Oh yeah. It's mentioned in the owners manual. The CB650F is a popular motorcycle in poorer overseas areas. Unless some complex spool adapters are installed or a dedicated stand involved. The only way to get it in the air to take the rear tire off...

Hoist. Honda included two pegs for it. Ill take pictures. The sprocket is due to show up Monday.

You can’t use a universal swing arm stand?

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Got the car detailed on Thursday to get ready for a big car show on Saturday...
    43875133094_8d98c3c8e9_b.jpg

...car show near Ft Worth ...where the flooding was

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I traded it in!!!

Traded my '94 Silverado ext cab, 2wd 1500 with the 6.5 Detroit turbo diesel in on a '08 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer with 46k miles. That's right, a half ton with a diesel.

Nice. I had a 94 Blazer 4WD with that motor. Glad I had it, glad it’s gone.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Opened the hood for the first time ever (three year old car)

While I was in there I flushed the brake fluid with Motul 600. I'll have to do that again next year since that stuff doesn't last long.

I did the "Check Vehicle Fasteners" and "Check Mechanical Components Fasteners" service as well. Basically it's to re-torque all the major components that attach directly to the carbon fiber tub. Here's the details if you're curious: https://www.docdroid.net/bRuDary/4c-service-fastener-checklist.pdf
    It's definitely more involved than the manual makes it look :laughing:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's going to be a day or two. I've researched all the torque values. I've stared at the back wheel. Rehearsed aligning the chain.

I've got to get it in the air. Total price for that is around $30 from harbor freight. Winch and a lift strap.

The bug in the scheme. The chain I ordered is a rivet master-link and not a clip master-link. Meaning it needs a crimp tool to stake the pins. I don't have that tool. So if the factory length chain doesn't fit on the 45 tooth. I have to put the 42 tooth back on and buy/wait on a chain staking tool. A tool Ill never use again for yEars. Less then a $100 but more then $50.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    a few weeks ago I noticed a smell and a most when I was pulling into my neighborhood. Pulled over and shut it down, neon green everywhere. my coolant is red, so I didn't have a heart attack (6.0 powerstroke, heads and studs have 9k on them).

parked it and said **** it.

finally looked it over yesterday.
    Tensioner is cocked inward
    Belt is shredding ribs
    A rib slapped and gashed my a/c line between the accumulator and condensor

So... on top of a few CPS o-rings I need to replace, a steering box, and some fuel seals/o-rings before winter hits, I now need a new tensioner, belt, a/c line, and a r134a fill.

Cool.

Also have a pile of modest mods that have been sitting for a few years now (helper bags, f650 lower dash, power fold/telo scope mirrors)

Oh and my EGT probe/sensor, which never worked right. Got a new one awhile back and tossed it in the pile.

Did I mention my tires are starting to rot?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom