Patriot Mobile

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I added some Bull Rings (tie down anchor points) to Dads truck. This was a pretty easy task.

I added a quick hitch to the tractor. I also serviced and installed the brand new mower. A shiny new Land Pride. Very exciting.

This afternoon, I added a new carburetor and PCV hose to the lawn tractor.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wanted to add this because it's not in any instructions or video...

The exhaust bolts need to be snugged back up after the first test run. Allowed to cool down and the exhaust nuts tightened again. After the second test run. The same. Allowed to cool down, snugged back up.

I didn't a cycle of three. The bolts were snugged up twice after the first tightening.

Racking my nerves on bolt torque. After the exhaust pipes seated and the copper gaskets crushed. I checked my hand tightening against a torque wrench set on 16foot pounds(192 in pounds).

They're no where near 16 foot pounds. Perfect. Tight enough to seal but not over tightened to a point the exhaust studs will break or pull out the alloy threads in the head.

Oh and something else. The exhaust port gaskets are directional. The factory gaskets have the seam that go's towards the engine. All four were installed that way. More information missing from the instructions. ~Seam towards the engine~.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    What's the odds that someone on here knows what the torque value is on the exhaust manifold bolts?

I've searched both web and video. Everything I find shows folks tightening the exhaust manifold nuts hand tight. No torque wrench.
    Turn it till it stops, and then give it three blondes one more.

16 foot pounds
    Yeah 16 is nothing... Probably so low because heat expansion causes more tension at operating temps. I would check them every oil change to make sure they aren't backing off. What's important is to keep the torque even across the fasteners.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's the gaskets. New verses crushed. It's hard to see but you can notice a lip/seam in the new gasket. The crushed gasket shows the seam more clearly.

The acorn nuts on the exhaust are of the locking variety.

IMG-20181103-1207164-rewind-1.jpg

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Just got the work SUV back from body shop. Zips car wash caused $1700 in scratches along the left side. Kudos to Jefery's in Watauga for making it look good again. I had a Caddy XT5 for a rental. Nice but you can not turn off the auto stop/start. I would never buy a vehicle like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just got the work SUV back from body shop. Zips car wash caused $1700 in scratches along the left side. Kudos to Jefery's in Watauga for making it look good again. I had a Caddy XT5 for a rental. Nice but you can not turn off the auto stop/start. I would never buy a vehicle like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How did you get them to admit it was their fault?
    How could you prove it?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

This is handmade silicon hose, Mr Dave. Made in the U.K..

They make every color plus some urban camo. White is the most expensive.

Samco_color_options.jpg

I removed the orange plasticoat off the rear sub fender. Hoses will add splashes of color to the engine. Draw the eye.

Honda racing colors,

bk_repsol_03_now.jpg

I'm contemplating orange hoses. Contrast against black and the red of the gas tank. Red hoses would look too plain. Orange would 'pop' and at the same time, not over power the red. Just enough balance of color to add some homage.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Damn! Did they at least pay for the repairs?
    Yeah they paid for a rental as well but said no to a Denali because it was too expensive?? Most of our guys were traveling so I got by with a sedan. They were cool about it, just asked for 2 estimates.
    The body guy stated the brushes probably got fishing line with a hook from a pickup going thru. Happened at the Arl. Location and truck behind me also scratched. I suspect more but other probably didn't catch it. I know this SUV pretty well.
    Been using them for 3 months. I used Tommy's Terrific for a year before that with 0 issues. I need to go back to them.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    How did you get them to admit it was their fault?
    How could you prove it?
    Good Q. We drove 2 blocks down to eat dinner and when we got out, I noticed it. The SUV is driven every day and/or is securely parked. It gets washed twice a week. We immediately went back and wife started asking all the folks using the vacuum to check their cars and sure enough, a truck was also damaged in same location as mine.
    The workers at the Arl. Location were indifferent. The mgr. Took my info and filed an internal report. I took lots of pics.
    Jeffery's was the lowest bid out of 3 and wife has used them before. They did a great job and estimated correctly.
    Talk with Don if you need work done.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yeah, that would stand out for sure.

Think about it as back in the day. Ford had a blue engine with a few shades of blue. They had a red too.

Chevy had orange plus a light blue. Different shades also..on the orange.

No matter what color of car. From white, blue, red, black, green. The engine had a contrast color. At least that's the way I'm looking at this.

Red would be boring. Yellow, orange, blue would add the 'pop'.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    I had my car towed to the dealer to get replace the shifter bushing that stuck the car in reverse. At least it's a recall part and with roadside assistance, it didn't cost me anything out of pocket, plus it ended up getting me out of work on a Friday.. :)
    fusion-fail.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm going to nickel plate bolts. I've messed around with electroplating before but it's been a while.

Following this handy dandy video. I have the copper acetate brewing. All the crappy black plated screws on the motorcycle are going nickel. Plus some smaller alloy stuff.

Top Bottom