Military Camp

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Neros have a slightly different compound on them than the plain PZeros, but I doubt they are much different. They are marketed to manufacturers as a cost saving OEM performance tire.
    Hmm, well here you go. The Nero GT's are fairly well rated, but the base PZeros are shit...
    pirelli-ratings.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    What's the odds that someone on here knows what the torque value is on the exhaust manifold bolts?

I've searched both web and video. Everything I find shows folks tightening the exhaust manifold nuts hand tight. No torque wrench.

The instructions for the exhaust don't list the values either. If nobody knows. Ill go with the standard rating of torque according to the size of fastener....but I'm hoping the brain trust knows the correct torque value.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    What's the odds that someone on here knows what the torque value is on the exhaust manifold bolts?

I've searched both web and video. Everything I find shows folks tightening the exhaust manifold nuts hand tight. No torque wrench.

The instructions for the exhaust don't list the values either. If nobody knows. Ill go with the standard rating of torque according to the size of fastener....but I'm hoping the brain trust knows the correct torque value.

What model you got? 14-16 ft/lbs would be my guess not know which bike you have.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    What model you got? 14-16 ft/lbs would be my guess not know which bike you have.

W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda CB650f.

According to the standard torque values dealing with the fastener size. A 12mm bolt/nut is 40 foot lbs. I've read some bike specific values that listed 37 foot lbs.

I'm going with 37. I have an aircraft torque wrench and it's in inch pounds. 37ftlbs= 444 inch pounds.

http://www.hawkworks.net/manual/torque-values.html

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Did you get the full system, or just the exhaust can?

The whole system. The factory exhaust is completely welded. Instead of a slip-on, it has a big square muffler that fits under the frame. The only way to remove it from the exhaust header is to cut it off.

No Damn wonder why most of the information on the exhaust port nuts show hand tightening. 16 foot lbs is basically hand tight.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The whole system. The factory exhaust is completely welded. Instead of a slip-on, it has a big square muffler that fits under the frame. The only way to remove it from the exhaust header is to cut it off.

No Damn wonder why most of the information on the exhaust port nuts show hand tightening. 16 foot lbs is basically hand tight.

Sweet!

I had a Akrapovic full exhaust on my last two sportbikes.

I edited my last post too late.
    Did you get it on a dyno before for a base line?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Did you get aftermarket air filters, or do anything to the intake side?

No. Dynojet says the difference between the stock air filter and a high flow doesn't have enough effect to include it in their MAP.

In other words. They say it doesn't make a big enough difference. So the MAP as downloaded covers both the factory and aftermarket air filters.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No. Dynojet says the difference between the stock air filter and a high flow doesn't have enough effect to include it in their MAP.

In other words. They say it doesn't make a big enough difference. So the MAP as downloaded covers both the factory and aftermarket air filters.

That really sounds odd.
    Better flow through the exhaust, richening up the fuel, seems like more air would just be a given...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Everything is installed.

First impression, you can hear it running richer at first start up. Lower, softer, more pronounced exhaust note. The torque curve has more grunt. The low speed chopping. Where the bike keeps jumping trying to find a sweet spot with fuel. It's gone. Low speed throttle is much smoother. It doesn't feel dirt 2 stroke bike-ish anymore. After 5,000 rpm, it screams. Really screams. Feels like the handlebars want to rip out your hands.

Removing the DB Killer from the muffler. It's all it can be. Now it sounds like a motorcycle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Double tap

Attachments

• IMG-20181103-1436199-rewind-1.jpg
      IMG-20181103-1436199-rewind-1.jpg
      332.4 KB · Views: 225
    • IMG-20181103-1436341-rewind-2.jpg
      IMG-20181103-1436341-rewind-2.jpg
      265.7 KB · Views: 230