Venture Surplus ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I actually installed these headlights shortly after I bought the truck , about this time last year. But I wasn't on this board at that time either... The truck came with factory LED's but they were nothing compared to these 4 projector/LED's per side. At high beam all 8 LED's are lit up. Explodes pine cones at 100 yards.

View attachment 229061
    Those are good looking trucks.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I actually installed these headlights shortly after I bought the truck , about this time last year. But I wasn't on this board at that time either... The truck came with factory LED's but they were nothing compared to these 4 projector/LED's per side. At high beam all 8 LED's are lit up. Explodes pine cones at 100 yards.

View attachment 229061
    Yeah, I think we passed each other the other night. I'm okay tho. :)
    1601726120624.png

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I like that engine stand - A LOT! Did you fab it or have it done? I've never seen one like that at any retail outlet, brick and mortar nor internet...
    I bought it from a guy who was also going through a full rebuild and he built another one with an integrated hoist so he sold me this one for $250 which was a steal. It’s all 5/16” and rotated my 1200 pound engine easily. He actually pulled his transmission and engine in one unit and had it hanging on this same stand. He owns a custom engineered steel products business up in Liberty.
    I added an electric winch and dyneema cable system to my lift and it worked great. I was able to pull the engine and move it all by myself in my little shop.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I bought it from a guy who was also going through a full rebuild and he built another one with an integrated hoist so he sold me this one for $250 which was a steal. It’s all 5/16” and rotated my 1200 pound engine easily. He actually pulled his transmission and engine in one unit and had it hanging on this same stand. He owns a custom engineered steel products business up in Liberty.
    I added an electric winch and dyneema cable system to my lift and it worked great. I was able to pull the engine and move it all by myself in my little shop.
    Didn't even notice the electric winch/cable system the first time. Went back and looked at it. Before I even saw it I was thinkin'? Dang... he's able to pull that engine w/o pulling the hood off! Now I know way! Very good! Got my wheels turning!

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Didn't even notice the electric winch/cable system the first time. Went back and looked at it. Before I even saw it I was thinkin'? Dang... he's able to pull that engine w/o pulling the hood off! Now I know way! Very good! Got my wheels turning!
    I didn’t use the winch to lift the engine. No way in hell I’d trust that little thing with 1200 pounds. I use the winch for smaller stuff. For the engine I used a direct clevis to get the arm very close to the engine lifting bracket and ratchet straps on each side to manipulate the angle of the engine to clear the crossmember with the oil pan.

FA17CFCA-64B2-435B-A24A-202F5140ECEA.jpeg
    7F6E1D51-D872-4E99-B578-B383D4215D49.jpeg
    258002D9-78B4-473E-92DD-42AB9F2D696F.jpeg
    7ED55FE7-E2B0-4F83-937D-C40D0D8488DB.jpeg
    0EE96405-AE7C-4A76-A72F-9920E54B6DD1.jpeg
    5108019B-F8CB-4D33-B707-42CF74575FCD.jpeg
    DFEAA675-FE74-4FBC-9612-E4FD316B9303.jpeg
    680762E6-0F81-4683-A19D-199FEB5E182C.jpeg
    5845C743-71F0-4384-9A4E-29B4BB8BE18D.jpeg
    585617C5-D315-4EB0-9290-89A8F85050E6.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You don’t have to wear a mask.
    And they don't have to let me in!

Years ago I went to get new tires @ my local Discount. Knowing I'd be there a while I brought my NRA magazine to read, it had Trump on the cover. Next thing I know some cretin starts freaking out & screaming @ me. I actually thought it was a soy boi & addressed as are you talking to me little dude? Found out it was a woman. It got bad enough that the Discount ejected the idiot.

Now with no magazine in waiting rooms & my phucked up back I could see myself killing an idiot over me not wearing a mask!

Hell I need to take my Rolex in as the stem is not screwing down. I see that I need an appointment now, like they aint excepting walk in customers. At least there I understand an appointment to let masked clowns in.

Having not worked since 2018 my level of torrence for everday phucktards is well below zero.

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Thank you sir. The only work I did not do on her was the machine work on the block, crank and connecting rods. I have a two page list of other upgrades and more to go. I have an oilfield truck I’m in 16 days a month so this one is not a daily driver but 750 horsepower and moves pretty damn well for a 9800 pound truck with 35” rubber. The old powerstrokes have a lot of torque already!

How much torque does it have now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It's a pure pleasure to see a person that knows how to do things right then does 'em that'a way. Thought I saw some grinding on the counterweight on that crankshaft..... Could be? Up until last October I had a 2014 SuperDuty w/6.7PowerStroke. Got rid of it because Ford couldn't figure out how to measure the level in a 5 gal tank of DEF. Most aggravating POS I've owned in a long time.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    It's a pure pleasure to see a person that knows how to do things right then does 'em that'a way. Thought I saw some grinding on the counterweight on that crankshaft..... Could be? Up until last October I had a 2014 SuperDuty w/6.7PowerStroke. Got rid of it because Ford couldn't figure out how to measure the level in a 5 gal tank of DEF. Most aggravating POS I've owned in a long time.
    Jeff ground the crank and offset with thicker bearings. Same on the connecting rods and went .020 over on pistons. I did all assembly myself. My father was a helicopter mechanic in the Army and we are from generations of farmers so wrenching came naturally to me. Diesels are a lot different than anything I’ve messed with but not too bad if you research. I made my own custom fuel system, sending unit all the way to the fuel rails with an upgraded 6.7L Motorcraft pump and CAT 2 micron secondary filter to keep up with larger injectors and turbo. There’s not much stock on her. F-550 leaf springs, F-350 rear sway bar, chromoly track bar etc. I’m doing a full regear from 3.73 to 4.10 soon and once the tranny shows signs of weakness I’ve got manuals and been researching doing an 800hp plus full transmission upgrade/rebuild. I installed MTW high pressure shift solenoids, PML tranny pan and DieselSite high pressure side bypass fluid filter with a full cold fluid flush and fill so it’s still holding and shifting strong with zero flare. GearHead wrote me custom tunes and I run the unlimited tow tune all the time. It does what I want.

Here’s my first hot start after the rebuild. I already started the ring seating sequence before this so no harm done to fresh rings. She’s a beast.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I noticed a screw in my front right tire. The thought of waiting around Discount Tire wearing a mask to have it check out & the tires rotated just aint very appealling to me.

The one near my house let’s you wait in your car, even when in the service bay.

Car running, AC on, could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom