ARJ Defense ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    To make things worse, I had hit a bird a couple of weeks earlier, so that “dead” smell was just going away when the cat got tangled up in there. The bird splattered and the yuck went through the radiator. That was a booger to wash out.

I just cannot seem to catch a break on this stuff lately. :facepalm:

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Traded in my 2013 Ford F150 (3.5 Eco) XLT for this beauty on Friday:

2017 F350 (05282021).jpg

2017 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate with 6.7 L V8 Diesel.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Years ago I had a mouse in the dash, I could hear him. One day I got in the car quietly, turned the fan on, turned the key. Got it, I could hear it spinning around in the fan. Days later a bad smell started, for months I had to drive with the window down, it was winter upstate NY. I couldn't give anyone a ride it smelled so bad.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Has anyone noticed the value of your car going up? Credit Karma shows my 2018 Impala value has gone up two months in a row.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Has anyone noticed the value of your car going up? Credit Karma shows my 2018 Impala value has gone up two months in a row.
    Yep. Used car prices have gone bananas, and new car prices aren't far behind. Mostly blamed on the chip shortage, but currency devaluation/inflation is a factor, too. There was also a big ship full of car parts that sank a few days ago, so that's not going to help the situation any.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Yeah. Depending on kbb or NADA, trade in value starts at $2k more than what my 17F150 KR was advertised for in Dec 18 when I bought it. OTD I was well below the advertised price even with TT&L. Private party sales figures show up to $10K over that advertised price. Those numbers are very, very close to the original Ford window sticker MSRP.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Yeah. Depending on kbb or NADA, trade in value starts at $2k more than what my 17F150 KR was advertised for in Dec 18 when I bought it. OTD I was well below the advertised price even with TT&L. Private party sales figures show up to $10K over that advertised price. Those numbers are very, very close to the original Ford window sticker MSRP.
    I haven't looked at mine in awhile but my 2yo Wrangler shows average trade at just $3k under my original msrp of $41k.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Rumors have the chip shortage lasting a year or two.

There's other parts that are unavailable too. 6 months or so back I blew an incooler hose on my work truck. Local Ford dealer was waiting on 24 of them. Aftermarket was sold out too.

Finally tracked one down that wasn't listed online.

If that happens again and I can't find whatever part I need I'm screwed.

Hence purchasing a back up truck to protect my company.

I know of guy's trucks waiting for parts for months at the dealerships.

Everything is nuts right now.

All those trucks parked there don't do any of us any good until they're complete and on dealer's lots.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    IMO they've kind of done it to themselves. Best I can tell there's no shortage of arduinos. They could have all those trucks up and running for like $100 each if they weren't hell bent on using closed source proprietary hardware. Over complicated engineered obsolesce...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

The value of my ten year old Scion went up $850 to $4,450 and the wife’s 2013 Veloster went up $1,155 to $5,400, all in the last month, according to CK.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    With a road trip in the works I did some quick maintenance to the suburban.

Fresh Mobil 1 oil and filter.
    New wipers, fixed the spray line on the passenger side.
    Rotated and balanced tires.
    Topped off remaining fluids.

Things now on the docket,

Rear pads are at 2-3mm and will get replaced after I get back.
    The oil leak above the filter (5.3L) did not fix itself, in fact it has got slightly worse.
    Passenger inner tie rod end has a bit of play.

All in all, for 207K this truck has held up very well. It is now in the part of its life that will probably start taking a hundred or two dollars every month or two to stay on top of it. It is all the little things that I have seen total hundreds and hundreds of cars over the years that will get you.

All I know is it is paid off and has caused zero problems so far.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom